Who is your breakout player of the year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is your breakout player of the year?

I agree with everyone too! ( but Rak)

I tried to agree with everyone. I found it didn't always work out for me though. ;) It doesn't mean I love you all any less though. Ok, I'm calming down for tonight and trying not to look like a ball hog anymore. Time to burrow down in and blow up the outside world, my fortunate for having such a good music scene in your backyard friend!

I wanted to pick Roberson, but that dog house already looks pretty big. I think Roc makes the biggest jump, with silent G not far behind!!!

I'm curious, has anyone ever gotten Boeheimed more quickly than Roberson did in the last game? I realize it likely wasn't for the same reasons as usual, but am curious if anyone has the 10 second mark beat?

I'm curious, has anyone ever gotten Boeheimed more quickly than Roberson did in the last game? I realize it likely wasn't for the same reasons as usual, but am curious if anyone has the 10 second mark beat?

I think so. I recall Fab and Rak as freshmen often hit the bench early. Rick Jackson as well even into his second season he would get pulled in the first minute. LOL

CaptainJ said:

We'll see if it happens tomorrow, but I wonder if the quick change was due to us immediately going into a press. G is pretty good in the press.

McCullough will exhibit a more well-rounded and advanced skill set than even Iggy is expecting.

We'll see if it happens tomorrow, but I wonder if the quick change was due to us immediately going into a press. G is pretty good in the press.

I think Roberson may often get the quick hook more because JB wants to get G in than anything he does. In games that matter if he doesn't like what things look like early he'll want to get Mike in there and Tyler is his first option for that. I do expect Tyler to play considerably better and more relaxed Friday than he did in either exhibition. You could see near the end of Monday's game that he was loosening up.

DC2

The pattern is certainly young big guys who make defensive mistakes. I can still picture the look on both JB's face as he asks them what they were doing and on the faces of guys like Fab, Rick, Roc, and DC2 as they attempt to explain it to him while they take their seat with well over 18min to go in the first half. Its things like this that we will realize we miss once JB is gone. Everyone of these kids that get yanked early really improved when given the chance. JB is not wasting his in game coaching time on guys that aren't capable. Paul might have tested him more over the course of 3 years than anyone I remember.

Kaleb Joseph. The opportunity is at his feet and I think he's the type of guy that will feed off that. I think losing Tyler Ennis will be thought of as a good thing by season end because without that decision Kaleb wouldn't have had the chance to lead us to our second NC.

Minor expectations.

Kaleb Joseph. The opportunity is at his feet and I think he's the type of guy that will feed off that. I think losing Tyler Ennis will be thought of as a good thing by season end because without that decision Kaleb wouldn't have had the chance to lead us to our second NC.

Minor expectations.

It's certainly true that every improvement he makes will benefit all the others around him. He's probably the one guy to which that's most relevant.

The pattern is certainly young big guys who make defensive mistakes. I can still picture the look on both JB's face as he asks them what they were doing and on the faces of guys like Fab, Rick, Roc, and DC2 as they attempt to explain it to him while they take their seat with well over 18min to go in the first half. Its things like this that we will realize we miss once JB is gone. Everyone of these kids that get yanked early really improved when given the chance. JB is not wasting his in game coaching time on guys that aren't capable. Paul might have tested him more over the course of 3 years than anyone I remember.

I like facial expressions, which is part of the reason Kevin Spacey's performance in American Beauty was one of my favorites of all time. Heck, even the same for Walt in Breaking Bad or Al Bundy on Married with children, so I enjoyed your post even more because of that mention. Still though(memory isnt my strong suit), I can't remember if even Fab was Boeheimed in under 10 seconds. Such an event would be hard to happen, even if JB could get that angry within 9 seconds or less.

To be clear, my mocking TR for getting Boeheimed so quickly doesnt have anything to do with me liking him or not, but more to do with JB himself and the situation.

Anyhow, I kind of wanted to write out one of those Budweiser "real men of genius" commercials for getting Boeheimed in 10 seconds. I used to date someone who worked for Anheuser-Busch and she said they played those commercials over the speakers at work. That might have been like a dream job for me.

This is the closest one I could find related to sports:

Last edited:
I think Rak has the potential to make the biggest jump of the returning players. He's look much more focused on the offensive end. My main concern there is consistency throughout the season, him keeping up the intensity.

Before the preseason I had high hopes that BJ would be the real breakout player but he hasn't looked very comfortable yet.

I think Rak has the potential to make the biggest jump of the returning players. He's look much more focused on the offensive end. My main concern there is consistency throughout the season, him keeping up the intensity.

Before the preseason I had high hopes that BJ would be the real breakout player but he hasn't looked very comfortable yet.
My only hesitation with Rak is his foul trouble. I've been on record since I saw him play in the McD's game, I think he's got so much potential. He only scored 2 points in the McD's game, but that basket was all I ever needed to see to know "This guy could become a really talented scorer in the post" because it was a beautiful, high arching, turnaround, slightly fadeaway 12 footer that was a perfect swish. Rak could be a really good scorer, I think. I don't think people appreciate that he really does have solid skills, and isn't just an athlete.

My only hesitation with Rak is his foul trouble. I've been on record since I saw him play in the McD's game, I think he's got so much potential. He only scored 2 points in the McD's game, but that basket was all I ever needed to see to know "This guy could become a really talented scorer in the post" because it was a beautiful, high arching, turnaround, slightly fadeaway 12 footer that was a perfect swish. Rak could be a really good scorer, I think. I don't think people appreciate that he really does have solid skills, and isn't just an athlete.

Agreed, and I was sort of alluding to that when I brought up consistency - as in 'he needs to find a way to consistently stay on the floor for all the games this year'.

Can freshmen be breakout players? If so, I believe McCullough and Joseph will be the two best offensive players on this team.

Most years it seems like a second year player emerges as a force. I'm not sure i see that guy on this team, which concerns me a little.

Can freshmen be breakout players? If so, I believe McCullough and Joseph will be the two best offensive players on this team.

Most years it seems like a second year player emerges as a force. I'm not sure i see that guy on this team, which concerns me a little.
in an earlier thread, I predicted Roberson would be ACC's most improved player . . . but I still vote for CM as the breakout because he is going to challenge Okafor for ACC ROY

in an earlier thread, I predicted Roberson would be ACC's most improved player . . . but I still vote for CM as the breakout because he is going to challenge Okafor for ACC ROY
A couple weeks ago I would have pegged Roberson to be the second year breakout guy for this team. After the two exhibitions I'm a little worried about him.

I'd peg McCullough for ACC ROY if not for Okafor. I think McCullough is to Okafor as Tyler Ennis was to Jabari Parker.

Kaleb is going to have a tough year I think. He makes some silly turnovers which I figured would happen. I really don't understand why we play these games. It's true we learn nothing from them. I wish we played a harder schedule in the beginning of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom