Who Receives Bulk of Carries at RB in 2012? | Syracusefan.com

Who Receives Bulk of Carries at RB in 2012?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Prince-Tyson Gulley? Jerome Smith? Adonis-Ameen Moore? George Morris?

Is Gulley an every-down back? Can Smith stay away from injuries? Can Moore stay in shape? Is Morris ready to play D1 ball?

The RB position, to me, is the most interesting on the team. I think we have talent at the position, but I really have no idea who the featured back will be (if there even will be one)?

Hopefully Smith does and he's spelled by Gulley for a change of pace. We use AAM as our goal-line power back and Broyld as our wildcard. Ideally, we have no injuries so we can redshirt Macfarlane and Morris.

I wholeheartedly agree with SUinNYC on how Smith, Gulley, AAM, and Broyld will be utilized. Looks like Smith had a good spring and I loved watching him run when he had opportunity last season. He's a big back and can handle most of the carries.

That being said, if Morris comes in and he is the best back, then he should play right away. From his highlight tape, looks like he has an uncanny ability to make defenders fall off of him.

My guess is Smith, but I have high hopes for Morris. Freshman RBs explode for other teams all the time. We're due for one.

Starts with Smith, but we have been real lucky in recent years with Brinkley, Carter two seasons, then Bailey. One back getting the bulk of the carries, staying healthy, and being much better than any back-up at the time. Likely won't be the case this season. Smith runs hard between the tackles (not as versatile as Bailey or Brinkley; not as good at making guys miss from what he has shown so far). On a positive note, there are more options to spread the ball around (Gulley, Broyld, AAM, possibly Morris) and that will be a plus in the fourth quarter and in November.