Who said Lequint was holding us back? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who said Lequint was holding us back?

LQA made huge plays at the end but he breaks those tackles because that defense was totally gassed at the end, let's not forget that. But totally gutsy performance by him after the knee injury.
That UNLV player is a stud, he was making tackles and plays all night. LeQuints two runs though were season changing plays. All props to him.

LQA gets shoe tackled a lot. Too much. High knees, better blocking, whatever. Needs fixed.

Breaks 2 undeniably huge plays, one of which was a walk off TD. Scores the 4 TDs. He & McCord & Gadsen are the reasons we won this game.

Yasin Willis averaged 8 yards per carry, does not get shoe tackled, he needs more opportunities.

Worried more about our defense & specials though.

Some people need to rewatch that game and see some of the blitz protection LA did for McCord. There's a reason why you see McCord run over and help LA up after some plays. Cuz LA also protects McCord.
And yeah I want Wallis getting reps as well. Dude delivers runs and pain. When he gets 2nd level, DBs want no part of his 228 pounds barrelling toward them.

Think the last play represents him as a player. Plays hard every game. Way to go LQA!
Never questioned his heart, he wouldn't have gone through all the things he did if he didn't have it.
Still believe he makes it at the next level as a backup because he is a great receiver, and will almost always make the catch and first down on 3rd and short.

I mean I do think some criticism is fair to give. He lacks the speed to beat LBs to the outside when he has a step on them. He also hasn’t broken many shoe string tackles which could have gone for huge gains.

I don’t think any one questions his heart, tenacity and his ability to catch the ball. The kid is truly a warrior. His pass blocking has been awesome, he’s able to either stay in and help or bump and get out to be threat for McCord.

It also doesn’t help that out oline doesn’t open up many lanes to run thru and so he presses trying to make the right call before it’s open. It’s a tough position to be in.

He’s a beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom