who was the badest ass to ever play for JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

who was the badest ass to ever play for JB

badest ass ever to play for jb

• Poll choice...

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
For a player with as big and frequent a smile as DC had he really played angry. On the court its DC easily, off the court I'd go with Brower (some personal experience validates this for me). I liked Devo but he was not a bad ass, he was a punk. He was our punk though.

Agreed. Crown him.

This.

Peep this, those who would vote for anyone other than DC--and then get back to us:

Brower got in a couple of good shots here too--first with the clearout, and then with a punch best captured on the replay from under the basket. But those haymakers DC was swinging out...cripes.

This.

Peep this, those who would vote for anyone other than DC--and then get back to us:

Brower got in a couple of good shots here too--first with the clearout, and then with a punch best captured on the replay from under the basket. But those haymakers DC was swinging out...cripes.

If that happened today, Coleman would probably be suspended for the season.

I miss fights in sports...

KONG!

It's DC. I loved kOng but don't see him as a badass. He hustled played hard and often took piunishment because of it. I remmeber late in his first season against Marq he stole the ball crossed someone over at midcourt dunked and managed to knee himself in the face on the dismount.

Here's something else about DC that didn't occur to me until now: the guy had unbelievable swagger, even though he was skinny. I used to LOVE the way he'd come out of the tunnel and cut right across the middle of the floor where the other team was warming up.

Watch teams now, and they'll hug the sidelines and avoid the other team--not DC. He's cadillac his way right across the layup line. Sent a message.

When we played Michigan in the Dome during the 1988 season--a game DC took personally--I've never seen a guy walk out to shake hands slower than DC.

Bad ass.

in all seriousness, it has to be DC.

but Etan Thomas - as an upperclassman - should get a few votes, too.

I'm gonna vote for Andre Hawkins ... he was the bruiser when I first started following the team and he's gotta mean name as well. He put many an elbow in Ewing's ribs. Also from that era, I remember Derek Brower and Howard Triche getting pretty nasty as well.

Which of course reminds me of the biggest reasons to always hate georgetown.

That conversation begins and ends with Derrick
This but honorable mention goes to "The Braintree Butcher"...Tom Stundis was a bad ass back in the 70's.

This but honorable mention goes to "The Braintree Butcher"...Tom Stundis was a bad ass back in the 70's.

Speaking of which, how about Bill Smith.

Never saw him play, but I hear he was nuts. Liked to mix it up. Punched a ref at West Virginia one time.

No question DC, Brower 2nd. But let's not forget to give a lot of credit to Pearl. He took on 7' Ewing and screwed him up! And he was from Brooklyn!

1) Ron Payton
1A) Rick Harmon
These guys were freshman the year I came in & together, they were the dynamic duo!!! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom