Bill Cosby

Walt "Clyde" Frazier
Dave Debusschere
Muhammad Ali
Tom Seaver
Harry Carson
Bruce Lee
Willie "Pops" Stargell
Brad Park and Eddie Giacomin (NY Rangers)
Stevie Wonder
Older brother, Uncles, and Dad.

From 10 to 13-ish: Jackie Robinson, Walter Payton, Bjorn Borg, Jim Rice, Willie Stargell, Yannick Noah, Muhammad Ali, rollercoaster designers/engineers, Jimi Hendrix, Edward Van Halen.

Jordan
Montana
Mike Greenwell - I hate the Sox but was told he wrestled alligators in the offseason
Bo Jackson
Spider-Man
John McClane
Steve McQueen (watched Great Escape and Magnificent Seven frequently)
Han Solo
Indiana Jones
Marty McFly

For sports it was more about card collecting then watching the games or the players in my younger years. I use to type out these long letters to NBA Hockey and baseball guys. I would type them and send them to certain big names.

Sure enough I screwed up one day and sent one to chuck daily saying he was one of my favorite players instead of coaches. He signed the paper itself. It makes me laugh to this day. I did get a few autographs though Eric Davis,Mark Price, Pat Riley, Wayne Gretsky and Bret Hull to name a few. Bret Hall and Gretsky sent me not one but two huge photographs signed. Really cool. I guess thats how the hockey guys did it back then. I could have made a killing.

I know it was lying and wrong but all in the spirit of the sport. Of course I ripped them all up 7-8 years later because of a extreme religous conviction, and lying to get memorabilia. Very soon later though Cuse won the basketball championships.

Still kicking myself for not buying the basketball cards Jordans rookie year. I miss the old days of card collecting when I wasn't exposed by overtalking about the players. They were all stars, good players, or just fill ins thats all I needed to know. Now I am so biased towards syracuse. It has its sufferings but its for righteousness sake.

Now its syracuse basketball or nothing. If you didn't play there your not one of my favorites. Don't care who you are. Hope someone enjoyed this alittle bit.
Live and die Orange Hoops!

For sports it was more about card collecting then watching the games or the players in my younger years. I use to type out these long letters to NBA Hockey and baseball guys. I would type them and send them to certain big names.

Sure enough I screwed up one day and sent one to chuck daily saying he was one of my favorite players instead of coaches. He signed the paper itself. It makes me laugh to this day. I did get a few autographs though Eric Davis,Mark Price, Pat Riley, Wayne Gretsky and Bret Hull to name a few. Bret Hall and Gretsky sent me not one but two huge photographs signed. Really cool. I guess thats how the hockey guys did it back then. I could have made a killing.

I know it was lying and wrong but all in the spirit of the sport. Of course I ripped them all up 7-8 years later because of a extreme religous conviction, and lying to get memorabilia. Very soon later though Cuse won the basketball championships.

Still kicking myself for not buying the basketball cards Jordans rookie year. I miss the old days of card collecting when I wasn't exposed by overtalking about the players. They were all stars, good players, or just fill ins thats all I needed to know. Now I am so biased towards syracuse. It has its sufferings but its for righteousness sake.

Now its syracuse basketball or nothing. If you didn't play there your not one of my favorites. Don't care who you are. Hope someone enjoyed this alittle bit.
You're my current hero.

Astronauts - all astronauts.
Funny you mention astronauts as I turned 10 in 1969. That would be prime time to be an astronaut nut but I wasn't. I guess I really couldn't comprehend the whole moon landing thing at the time. I think it was because my father felt they landed somewhere in New Mexico. Not sure if he was kidding or that was what he really thought.

Mickey was my first hero but he had retired the year before and my new guy was Bobby Murcer. He was the man. We used to listen to all of the Yankee games on the radio. The Scooter, Frank Messer and Jerry Coleman (who was then replaced by Bill White). I was a big Yankees fan and despised the Mets and since it was 1969, I was also rooting for the Cubbies. My guys were Billy Williams, Fergie Jenkins and of course, Ernie Banks. Still would love to see the Cubs win before I die.

Football was all about the Giants. Fran Tarkenton and Homer Jones. Those were the guys. We watched a lot of football in my house and I remember watching the Heidi Game in 1968 when I was nine. I couldn't believe they shut the game off. In fact, I still can't believe it. I wasn't a Joe Willie fan, and I don't really remember watching the Jets beat the Colts but everyone was well aware of Broadway Joe and his persona. Loved his commercials.

Was also a big Bill Bradley fan. We used to listen to all the Knick games on the radio as well. Spent a lot of time listening to Marv Albert growing up.

I think my favorite TV show was Laugh In. There was definitely quite the fascination with that show for a ten year old.

Funny you mention astronauts as I turned 10 in 1969. That would be prime time to be an astronaut nut but I wasn't. I guess I really couldn't comprehend the whole moon landing thing at the time. I think it was because my father felt they landed somewhere in New Mexico. Not sure if he was kidding or that was what he really thought.

Mickey was my first hero but he had retired the year before and my new guy was Bobby Murcer. He was the man. We used to listen to all of the Yankee games on the radio. The Scooter, Frank Messer and Jerry Coleman (who was then replaced by Bill White). I was a big Yankees fan and despised the Mets and since it was 1969, I was also rooting for the Cubbies. My guys were Billy Williams, Fergie Jenkins and of course, Ernie Banks. Still would love to see the Cubs win before I die.

Football was all about the Giants. Fran Tarkenton and Homer Jones. Those were the guys. We watched a lot of football in my house and I remember watching the Heidi Game in 1968 when I was nine. I couldn't believe they shut the game off. In fact, I still can't believe it. I wasn't a Joe Willie fan, and I don't really remember watching the Jets beat the Colts but everyone was well aware of Broadway Joe and his persona. Loved his commercials.

Was also a big Bill Bradley fan. We used to listen to all the Knick games on the radio as well. Spent a lot of time listening to Marv Albert growing up.

I think my favorite TV show was Laugh In. There was definitely quite the fascination with that show for a ten year old.

We're the same age, and I have pretty much the same list. Bobby Murcer, Fran Tarkenton, Walt Frazier. I used to play street hockey back then and loved the Canadiens. I hadn't gotten into SU hoops yet (not until a year or two later), but was a very big fan of Csonka and Little. I think around '69, Tony Gabriel was a star WR for us. On the Yankees, we all were at the age where we imitated big leaguers' styles at the plate, and Roy White was a fun one to imitate. Mel Stottlemeyer was the ace, or maybe that was a couple years later.

We're the same age, and I have pretty much the same list. Bobby Murcer, Fran Tarkenton, Walt Frazier. I used to play street hockey back then and loved the Canadiens. I hadn't gotten into SU hoops yet (not until a year or two later), but was a very big fan of Csonka and Little. I think around '69, Tony Gabriel was a star WR for us. On the Yankees, we all were at the age where we imitated big leaguers' styles at the plate, and Roy White was a fun one to imitate. Mel Stottlemeyer was the ace, or maybe that was a couple years later.
Stottlemeyer was definitely the ace and won 20 games that year. Of course I liked him, but I liked Fritz Peterson better, since I am lefty. He was the guy I always pretended I was on the mound. Another guy, I can't believe I failed to mention, was Joe Pepitone. Oh my god. He threw and batted lefty and Murcer also batted lefty, so those were my guys.

Thurman Munson
Reggie Jackson
Ron Guidry
Tony Dorsett
Roger Stauback
Louis Orr
Roosevelt Bouie

Bo and Luke Duke
Tim Richmond
Tiger Williams
Brian Bosworth
My brother
My Dad
The Bandit
Ronald Reagan

Jackie Robinson
Preacher Rowe
Don Newcombe
Ted Williams
Assuming we are talking sports "heroes," throw in Willie Mays and Stan Musial, and I will go along with that.

If Cali and Bjorn (wherever he may be) had a love child...

How come no request for this to be moved to the ot board, fair is fair right?
Grudge much? I gave you a break because you got your panties in such a bunch last time. :D

Mark-Paul Gosselaar
Will Smith
Emilio Estevez
Jerry Sandusky
Jim Kelly
Bruce Smith
Lawrence Moten
Don Mattingly
Jordan

Thurman Munson
Reggie Jackson
Ron Guidry