who would take McC in the lottery? | Syracusefan.com

who would take McC in the lottery?

Jack Hall

All Conference
hes just a slightly taller, less strong, less effective (ie doesnt finish nearly as well) version of JGrant at this point in his career.

obviously i am mostly saying this because i selfishly want him to comeback next year but still...

hes just a slightly taller, less strong, less effective (ie doesnt finish nearly as well) version of JGrant at this point in his career.

obviously i am mostly saying this because i selfishly want him to comeback next year but still...
For the last time, the nba draft drafts on potential. Chris is a lot more talented than JGrant (who I also wish was still here). Sadly, he will go and he will be picked high.

Eh, why not, I'd take him.

I'm not really a GM though so the risk is pretty low. :)

For the last time, the nba draft drafts on potential. Chris is a lot more talented than JGrant (who I also wish was still here). Sadly, he will go and he will be picked high.

I agree but one thing that is baffling is how quick these teams seem to give up on guys knowing their not near a finished product, draft a kid with "potential" then get rid of after the first contract is up or is traded before.Baffling

I agree but one thing that is baffling is how quick these teams seem to give up on guys knowing their not near a finished product, draft a kid with "potential" then get rid of after the first contract is up or is traded before.Baffling

Are you talking about Fab Melo? :)

JGrant was mostly drafted on potential and he wasnt lottery. i mean JG could dunk (or block a shot) 2 feet above rim and make it look easy. McC hasnt done that once this yr. maybe this is just a thin draft

dasher said:

He's not going if he continues to play the way he has the last 3 games.

He should be glad Grant left early. He'd wouldn't be starting.

He's a top 20 pick. He'll put on 20-25 pounds by next Fall (just like Grant). Chris Mc is leaps and bounds ahead of Grant in terms of offensive ability and he's the right body to be a stretch 4 in the NBA. Let's stop doing this after every game...why do you think SU is still recruiting Bryant when there are no open scholarships? Hint- it's not because Patterson's transferring.

Full_Rebar said:
He's a top 20 pick. He'll put on 20-25 pounds by next Fall (just like Grant). Chris Mc is leaps and bounds ahead of Grant in terms of offensive ability and he's the right body to be a stretch 4 in the NBA. Let's stop doing this after every game...why do you think SU is still recruiting Bryant when there are no open scholarships? Hint- it's not because Patterson's transferring.

Well, he needs to play better if we're going to be any good this year.

I'd rather see Roberson on the floor than him right now.

I agree and understand he is leaving after the season. Been gonna leave after the season.

However, if he does struggle/up and down/whatever and he starts tumbling down further and further down Chad Forde's draft board.

What Happens then ? You telling me he is still gonna go and take chances (He has got to know/and have seen what happened with Grant last year)

McCullough's career at SU is going to make Donte Greene's look memorable.

I agree and understand he is leaving after the season. Been gonna leave after the season.

However, if he does struggle/up and down/whatever and he starts tumbling down further and further down Chad Forde's draft board.

What Happens then ? You telling me he is still gonna go and take chances (He has got to know/and have seen what happened with Grant last year)

Grant is getting run on an NBA team. Albeit the Sixers, he is still on a roster, and playing in games.

anomander said:
Grant is getting run on an NBA team. Albeit the Sixers, he is still on a roster, and playing in games.

Grant would have dominated against Colgate.

McCullough didn't.

Yes compare Sophomore Grant to Freshman McCullough. Also, Mc has skills much better for his NBA position (the 4) than Grant had for his (the 3).

To Cuseguy: No s*** Grant dominates Colgate, he'd be a f***ing Junior.

Czar said:
Yes compare Sophomore Grant to Freshman McCullough. Also, Mc has skills much better for his NBA position (the 4) than Grant had for his (the 3). To Cuseguy: No s*** Grant dominates Colgate, he'd be a f***ing Junior.
No, Grant would have dominated Colgate as a sophomore. And I wasn't a Grant fan.

Yes compare Sophomore Grant to Freshman McCullough. Also, Mc has skills much better for his NBA position (the 4) than Grant had for his (the 3).

To Cuseguy: No s*** Grant dominates Colgate, he'd be a f***ing Junior.

McCullough has much more refined basketball skills than Grant has ever had, but it's not making a difference on the court right now. When a kid can't keep his footing or make a layup, skills don't matter much. Right now, he's looking as ineffective as any Syracuse forward in memory.

OttoMets said:
McCullough has much more refined basketball skills than Grant has ever had, but it's not making a difference on the court right now. When a kid can't keep his footing or make a layup, skills don't matter much. Right now, he's looking as ineffective as any Syracuse forward in memory.

He's likely leaving, but the funny thing is, we won't miss him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom