Whoever wins this game goes to the Final Four | Syracusefan.com

Whoever wins this game goes to the Final Four

LAOrange

Starter
Okay, let me explain... This is the one game (maybe Miami/Duke too) that pits two teams both capable of making the Final Four which is an obvious grudge match. Indiana/Illinois doesn't qualify because Illinois is a Sweet 16 at best.
There will be Big East Team in the Final Four and I don't think it will be Louisville because Siva will fall apart.
If Georgetown wins, they will have held off a resurgent Orange bent on closing out the Big East properly. Their balls will grow three sizes. If they win, it will be with defense and everybody knows "defense wins championships."
If Syracuse wins, it will be after a horrible stretch against a team bent on humiliating us. You don't think JTII wants to give the "Big East is closed" line? If we win, it will be because of offense. Our defense is already very good. We, most likely, will not have to play another zone team in the tournament. If our offense is working, we can't be beat. If we beat Georgetown, we will gain the confidence necessary for a deep run.
There ya' go.

Not that I doubt one of Syracuse or G'Town could make the final four. But this game will have very little impact on that -- no matter who wins or loses.

Today is simply about us beating those douchebags.

Not that I doubt one of Syracuse or G'Town could make the final four. But this game will have very little impact on that -- no matter who wins or loses.

Today is simply about us beating those douchebags.
Agreed.
And Siva will not "fall apart". He did a pretty good job of taking UL to the Final4 last season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom