Who's going to blame this game on the Coaches...NOT ME!! | Syracusefan.com

Who's going to blame this game on the Coaches...NOT ME!!

CU44SE

All Conference
not me, I hope we come back to win, but 4 turnovers is not the coaches fault!

not me, I hope we come back to win, but 4 turnovers is not the coaches fault!
please. We haven't beaten an FBS school in almost a full year. This team isn't prepared and it obviously has a LOT to do with coaching

SU needs less time at Fort Drum playing GI Joe in the sand and more time working on special teams and other basic football fundamentals.

SU needs less time at Fort Drum playing GI Joe in the sand and more time working on special teams and other basic football fundamentals.

Great call. Fort drum is the reason we're losing to Minnesota. Jesus Christ stern

I can't remember a game that I've been able to watch that we didn't have a bunch of stupid penalties. And it goes all the way back to P & D. Very frustrating to watch.

A fuking toss sweep on 2 and goal from the one foot line???? To a guy who has NO speed? Awful and its on the coach.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Was just about to post this. How much more awful of a call could you possibly see...

Great call. Fort drum is the reason we're losing to Minnesota. Jesus Christ stern
Didn't say that. But this team lacks basic football fundamentals. Less time playing tug of war in the sand and more time practicing punt coverage and other basic football skills might have helped!

Turnovers and penalties are discipline errors. Discipline is coaching.

are you crazy? it is 100% on the coaches. bad prep, bad tackling, bad play calling, bad you name it.

Turnovers and penalties are discipline errors. Discipline is coaching.

Absolutely! The more things change the more things stay the same with this coach/coaching staff. Interesting how Kill has turned around losing programs so quickly, Minny was 3-9 last year and in his second year off to a 4-0 start...not one turnover for Minny...just sayin...:noidea:

A fuking toss sweep on 2 and goal from the one foot line???? To a guy who has NO speed? Awful and its on the coach.

You forgot: Against a defense with very good lateral speed.

44cuse

please. We haven't beaten an FBS school in almost a full year. This team isn't prepared and it obviously has a LOT to do with coaching

You do realize that the team practiced the mandated amount of time allotted by the NCAA, and all of the other stuff at Fort Drum was extra-curricular, right? So, the extra Fort Drum stuff was in place of going to Chuck's or whatever else the team would've been doing at that time in Syracuse.

Not excusing the team at all, but the "they shouldn't have gone to Fort Drum!" argument is hilariously stupid.

I'm recalling a famous 2 pt conversion by Michael Owens on an option to the outside to preserve an 11-0 season in 1987 (sigh). As Marrone said in the presser, the play works if Minny is crashing the inside, as they expected.
What bothers me more is our lack of an inside power game when we need a yard or two in a critical situation. Where is AAM?

You obviously don't recall the Owens option play all that well then ...

Since you forget the fake to Johnston up the middle that froze the WVU inside linebackers. You forget Donnie coming down the line of scrimmage holding the DE in place and allowing certain angle blocks to develop and lastly but not least you forget Donnie making a late pitch to Owens after just about EVERY WVU defender had committed to him.

So how does this have ANYTHING to do with a frickin' straight toss sweep at the goal line?

I'm recalling a famous 2 pt conversion by Michael Owens on an option to the outside to preserve an 11-0 season in 1987 (sigh). As Marrone said in the presser, the play works if Minny is crashing the inside, as they expected.
What bothers me more is our lack of an inside power game when we need a yard or two in a critical situation. Where is AAM?

Or if it was that same 87 WV team because they'd be 45 years old and too slow. It was a bad playcall and they got beat on it and too often those bad playcalls set up a future failure.

You obviously don't recall the Owens option play all that well then ...

Since you forget the fake to Johnston up the middle that froze the WVU inside linebackers. You forget Donnie coming down the line of scrimmage holding the DE in place and allowing certain angle blocks to develop and lastly but not least you forget Donnie making a late pitch to Owens after just about EVERY WVU defender had committed to him.

So how does this have ANYTHING to do with a frickin' straight toss sweep at the goal line?
I admit, running that play with Smith instead of Gulley didn't make a lot of sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom