Who's house? | Syracusefan.com

Who's house?

Crusty

Living Legend
OUR freaking house!

Just have some random thoughts and observations.
  • Best crowd I have seen in our house in a very long time. Last night it was the loud house again.
  • Post game interviews - Bennett said the crowd was great and the defense got pumped hearing it.
  • Dino said we were the 12th man.
  • While Mrs Crusty was storming the freaking field (I am too old for that stuff), I sat at the end of the aisle and waited for her. At least twenty fans walked by on their way out and each one did a fist bump or high-five with huge smiles on their faces. One guy climbing the stairs behind his kids was crying with a smite on his face and said, "My kids don't understand why I am crying, but I bet you do!"
  • I don't think the town was this invested since the first Duke BB game in the Dome or maybe the first Clemson game.
  • OttoinGrotto - we are vindicated in our belief that the Dome is a unique asset and that all we needed was a coach that understood that. We were voices in the wilderness for many years. AND we knew that Babers was the perfect coach for the job. Kudos to you, my friend.
  • This is certainly a program changer. Hard to over estimate the impact this will have on the program.
  • ESPN take note- the Orange are back!
On a very personal note - I want to say how happy I am for our long-suffering loyal fans who have endured more than any fan base should bear. You guys and gals are great and this one certainly was for you. To the Fine Lot crew, you have made all the suffering bearable with your spirit and camaraderie and great tailgates
Lets Go Orange!!!!!.

On that note re: the Dome, I can understand fans being afraid that last night's win caught the eye of the college football world and makes Dino a very hot name to drop for coaching rumors.

But I think it helps to keep him. You can only top beating the #2 team in the country by beating #1. Dino just showed he can do anything at Syracuse. He doesn't need to go some place else to achieve more. He saw the vision of what the Dome can be, and the fans came through. That's the part that's been missing from the Dome advantage. I think SWC had it in one of his recaps, Dino tells recruits they have perfect conditions for 6-7 games a season, and that's an advantage I don't think he wants to lose. Sure, we play a tough conference schedule, but there are no baked in losses. We can compete, and we'll be even more competitive as they're able to recruit to their preference.

For the fans, a lot of our home games for the last too long have been awful to watch. VPI last season and Clemson this season are a breath of fresh air. Get to a bowl, and hopefully we see ticket sales increase and the Dome become the type of crazed environment Dino dreams of.

All you really need is 44k...They should tarp off a couple of the corner sections with a big orange S for optics. They should also extend Dino after the season. He is building something. Personally, I think we have a chance to make noise in the division this year, but I can only imagine what his program would look like in year 5 and 6. By then these game day environments will be the norm.

As for the actual team. I know people are worried about losing Ish and Erv, but this system makes stars. Dungey is going to have to throw to someone. I am extremely high on Butler. I think he is next in line to be AET and Ish. He doesn't have the hands of Ish, but he could possibly be more dynamic once he is the main focus and getting 12 - 15 targets a game. Slot I am not worried about. Erv is one hell of a player, but there will almost always be someone who is close to the top of the ACC in receptions. OL and RB positions will only improve. The key will be consistently putting out competitive defenses like we have this year. This year the defense is the better unit. For as long as Babers is here, I think that will be the exception, not the rule.

Sky is the limit. Weird we haven't seen the Babers haters (or the Shafer lovers) out today. It's ok everyone is welcome to celebrate. Don't be shy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom