Who's nervous for Arkansas | Syracusefan.com

Who's nervous for Arkansas

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Not me. Im looking forward to going there punching them in the jaw as we flex are basketball muscles. Oh yeah thats hot ( insert scoops voice)

A little early for nervousness either way, though I did have Friday pencilled in as one of our losses. Will be interesting to see how we fare in a real road game. Their defense must not have been very stout last night - far from forty minutes of hell, they gave up 80+. Wouldn't mind a repeat of that next week.

I was but then their coach slept with a university employee and was fired so now I think they'll struggle.

What is the over/under on ESPN playing the Moten timeout overtime loss clip?

A little early for nervousness either way, though I did have Friday pencilled in as one of our losses. Will be interesting to see how we fare in a real road game. Their defense must not have been very stout last night - far from forty minutes of hell, they gave up 80+. Wouldn't mind a repeat of that next week.

They had their hands full with that AZ State 7'2" center who has improved immensely.

I hope your pencil has an eraser. They might have a little trouble with our length. "real road game" you must work for ESPN. Now we have to listen to this sheet from our own fanbase? We played in SD verse SD St., I know it wasn't a road game right?

Reminds me of the NC State game last year except they're not as good and none of their fans care.

I dn't get nervous about 'Cuse bball 'til March or maybe BigEast tourney. (When a bad game means the enda) Regular season, whatever. Dn't get into the rankings.

Arkansas lost to both Arizona State and Wisconsin this weekend. They haven't looked so good.

I dn't get nervous about 'Cuse bball 'til March or maybe BigEast tourney. (When a bad game means the enda) Regular season, whatever. Dn't get into the rankings.

I'm interested in this. Logically, I completely understand you. I think what you mean is:

1. We are good enough to make the tournament as long as we are ranked and once in shying can happen
2. These early season games mean little when so much growth happens in season

I completely get that, but that's a heck of a lot of self discipline to really not care. Have you really reached that point? I think I might be envious.

44cuse

Is the game actually in their home arena or some "neutral" site two miles away from their regular arena such that we won't be credited with a road game.

Aren't they calling Arkansas "The Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball"? If they want to run, so be it, SU's chances go up a boatload.

We roll them

Agreed. Should be a good test, though.

This type of game is tailor made for players like CJ / Triche to get tons of points in transition.

if we dont turn it over and get back on d quickly, arkansas is not a big threat from the outside.. limit their transition points and we win by double figures. They tend to get off to fast starts so keeping our composure will be key. Brandon will be important early as will cj.

I'm not at all worried. Excited to see it? Yes. Worried? No.
I feel we can play poorley and win. JB and the staff will have plenty of time to coach our guys up. We will run and bust our asses to get back and set up on D before they can run.

I hope your pencil has an eraser. They might have a little trouble with our length. "real road game" you must work for ESPN. Now we have to listen to this sheet from our own fanbase? We played in SD verse SD St., I know it wasn't a road game right?
It was not on a road and the court was a carrier. Obviously not a road game.

No, it wasn't a road game.

Stop being ridiculous. If you're going to get your feelings hurt because a Syracuse fan says he anticipates a certain game to be a loss, maybe the internet is not for you.

Syracuse has a great chance to beat Arkansas. I'll be very happy if we do. I just happen to have predicted three weeks ago that we would not. I don't know why you feel the need to whine about that.

No, it wasn't a road game.

Stop being ridiculous. If you're going to get your feelings hurt because a Syracuse fan says he anticipates a certain game to be a loss, maybe the internet is not for you.

Syracuse has a great chance to beat Arkansas. I'll be very happy if we do. I just happen to have predicted three weeks ago that we would not. I don't know why you feel the need to whine about that.
Why did you make a prediction like that?

Aren't they calling Arkansas "The Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball"? If they want to run, so be it, SU's chances go up a boatload.

Absolutely. If they want to play in the 70s or 80s, I expect Syracuse to win. Was very surprised at the quality of defense they played the past two nights. I'm sure Mike Anderson was, too.