Why are we scared to recruit the state of Florida? | Syracusefan.com

Why are we scared to recruit the state of Florida?

Chalupa_24

Starter
i get that it's all the way down here in Florida but like we got top notch recruits down here.. shoot look at Kevin Knox, Dbacon, Corey sanders at Rutgers, fsu whole class.. I mean worse they can say is no they're scared of snow and being cold.. to much talent to not offer and at least try..

i get that it's all the way down here in Florida but like we got top notch recruits down here.. shoot look at Kevin Knox, Dbacon, Corey sanders at Rutgers, fsu whole class.. I mean worse they can say is no they're scared of snow and being cold.. to much talent to not offer and at least try..
Oh so scared are we.

This thread has turned into state recruiting cliche peer pressure. Florida's like, "It feels good, everyone is doing it..."

I know you had posted some info on recruits down that way. I had replied to one of your posts and indicated to email the staff. I provided the link but in case you missed it here it is again - Syracuse University Athletics - 2017-18 Men's Basketball Coaching Staff. Grif's information has been added yet.

Oh I already harassed grif on twitter about becoming our Florida recruiting guru. And by harassed I mean one tweet. It was about Elijah weaver and twan jones

Syracuse isn't going into some kid's highschool and tossing offers around without putting some relationship work in beforehand. FL is outside the northeast and MD/DC/VA area. They tried with some GA kids, but I don't how serious they were there. Maybe they can develop a relationship with Tucker's new HS, but otherwise SU isn't a national recruiting school. It's uncommon when they venture out of their comfort areas and usually only for someone that they really want (A. Davis, Fab, etc.).

JB is afraid that if he goes to FLA, they won't let him leave.

He'll be forced to wear white loafers and sansabelt slacks pulled up to just under his nipples, and go to early bird specials at Denny's. :p
Oh!
Look who's eating at 6 o'clock.
CGfaHAQUkAEDLHi.jpg

I am shocked nobody has mentioned the only real reason to not recruit Florida, and I apologize if it has been mentioned, but it has to be the alligators. They are everywhere. I lived there for 2 years, I went through 8 dogs. And don't get me started on the snakes and spiders. Are we scared to recruit Florida, F yes.

I am shocked nobody has mentioned the only real reason to not recruit Florida, and I apologize if it has been mentioned, but it has to be the alligators. They are everywhere. I lived there for 2 years, I went through 8 dogs. And don't get me started on the snakes and spiders. Are we scared to recruit Florida, F yes.
I live in SWFL. SU does recruit football players from Florida and they did go after Kevin Knox (with little interest on his part)this past year. There has to be an interest on the players part to leave FL and go to Syracuse.

Pretty sure Florida is the mainland stomping grounds for el chupacabra. Pretty scary stuff.

I live in SWFL. SU does recruit football players from Florida and they did go after Kevin Knox (with little interest on his part)this past year. There has to be an interest on the players part to leave FL and go to Syracuse.
I mean if you were born and raised in FL, with much more exposure to schools in your region, would Syracuse, NY really be a draw for you? I'm not saying it's an excuse, because if we really like a kid, go for him, but you're completely right here. There needs to be mutual interest, and for many there just isn't.

I mean if you were born and raised in FL, with much more exposure to schools in your region, would Syracuse, NY really be a draw for you? I'm not saying it's an excuse, because if we really like a kid, go for him, but you're completely right here. There needs to be mutual interest, and for many there just isn't.
I lived in central Florida (Lake County) when the Etan and Hart team started the season with 20 wins. I played basketball at the Y a ton and mentioned Syracuse to some of the young guys. They never heard of Syracuse. I couldn't believe it.

I lived in central Florida (Lake County) when the Etan and Hart team started the season with 20 wins. I played basketball at the Y a ton and mentioned Syracuse to some of the young guys. They never heard of Syracuse. I couldn't believe it.

I've mentioned Mali and cuse just in the school I went to and like 3 kids knew who he was and said they would love to go upstate. One of the kids wanted to ply for izzo tho.. but I don't understand why they would have interest, it's JB we've won titles, we were up there till past couple seasons. We had melo. I mean it's not like we suck every year and that's why they haven't heard of us.. they don't come down to recruit so nobody will know there is people like me exposing them and if there is no other game on tv or if we beat a duke or something.

I
Pretty sure Florida is the mainland stomping grounds for el chupacabra. Pretty scary stuff.

I haven't seen him of lately, but next time I do I'll tell him to back of JB when he comes down

Cuse recruits the hell out of the Tampa area, always one of the first schools to offers kids in Florida.. there is also a 90% chance that the kid they are recruiting also plays basketball, baseball, track and any other sport. Heck I know kids that went to school for football that were better basketball players.. nobody ever recruited em for basketball cause they thought he wanted to play football

JB is afraid that if he goes to FLA, they won't let him leave.

He'll be forced to wear white loafers and sansabelt slacks pulled up to just under his nipples, and go to early bird specials at Denny's. :p

As long as he stays away from "The villages" jb can come to Florida and leave Florida STD free and not worry about any type of change. Lol just let me take him on a tour to different schools and then to the airport and everything will be fine

I believe we did try going after Knox but we weren't in his final list of schools.

Correct, Idk what was going on in knox's mind.. I mean we 2/5 schools we only played 3 of them so 2/3 ain't bad. Maybe he thought lydon was gonna come back and thinks he wouldn't getting one and done playing time.. or maybe he didn't want to be the main player on a team wanted to surround himself with high caliber dudes so he looks average who knows.

The problem isn't not recruiting Florida, the real problem is no longer owning most of the northeast where we should be closing on more than 50% of the kids that we want.

I've mentioned Mali and cuse just in the school I went to and like 3 kids knew who he was and said they would love to go upstate. One of the kids wanted to ply for izzo tho.. but I don't understand why they would have interest, it's JB we've won titles, we were up there till past couple seasons. We had melo. I mean it's not like we suck every year and that's why they haven't heard of us.. they don't come down to recruit so nobody will know there is people like me exposing them and if there is no other game on tv or if we beat a duke or something.
I think the staff views it by and large as a waste of time and effort. We have only two coaches that can go on the road and recruit. Do you want them spending time in a state we have never been successful or in areas where we have been?