Why are we scared to recruit the state of Florida? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why are we scared to recruit the state of Florida?

I think the staff views it by and large as a waste of time and effort. We have only two coaches that can go on the road and recruit. Do you want them spending time in a state we have never been successful or in areas where we have been?

Keyword there is have. Yeah in the past but who are we getting now...

i get that it's all the way down here in Florida but like we got top notch recruits down here.. shoot look at Kevin Knox, Dbacon, Corey sanders at Rutgers, fsu whole class.. I mean worse they can say is no they're scared of snow and being cold.. to much talent to not offer and at least try..
Hahaha not Corey Sanders from Rutgers.

Florida definitely has some HS talent in basketball but not like they do for HS football hence the heavy offers from the football staff. Not too mention basketball has to be much more selective with offers due to roster difference from football.

JB is afraid that if he goes to FLA, they won't let him leave.

He'll be forced to wear white loafers and sansabelt slacks pulled up to just under his nipples, and go to early bird specials at Denny's. :p

Tee beat me to it, but can you imagine if Boeheim ran for Condo Board President at Del Boca Vista Phase II? The guy would be a tyrannical leader and his press conferences would be awful!

Hahaha not Corey Sanders from Rutgers.

Florida definitely has some HS talent in basketball but not like they do for HS football hence the heavy offers from the football staff. Not too mention basketball has to be much more selective with offers due to roster difference from football.

Are you trying to say Corey sanders ain't good? Yes or no?

You referenced Cory Sanders as a top notch recruit which he definitely was not. He is a decent player on a terrible Rutgers team. I'm thinking the state of Florida has produced a lot better players than Cory Sanders.

Montverde and IMG have tons of elite prospects every year it seems. I think Louisvile is tight with IMG.

Montverde and IMG have tons of elite prospects every year it seems. I think Louisvile is tight with IMG.

We don't consider img kids from Florida... they just kids that come here cause they're talent.

You referenced Cory Sanders as a top notch recruit which he definitely was not. He is a decent player on a terrible Rutgers team. I'm thinking the state of Florida has produced a lot better players than Cory Sanders.

You watching the same Corey sanders film on YouTube that I am watching..

I'm talking about the one who led his team to 3-15 record in the big ten last year, shot 31% from 3, averaged the same amount of assists as turnovers and who declared for the nba draft a second time but hopefully didn't hire an agent. I don't care what his YouTube videos look like.
Honestly though, are you taking about a different Cory Sanders?

I'm talking about the one who led his team to 3-15 record in the big ten last year, shot 31% from 3, averaged the same amount of assists as turnovers and who declared for the nba draft a second time but hopefully didn't hire an agent. I don't care what his YouTube videos look like.
Honestly though, are you taking about a different Cory Sanders?

I might be.. who else is on that team? Just like Ben Simmons at lsu if you ain't got no help then why put in effort if you know your team is trash. Simmons had help.

th

Philly DC Baltimore NY NY Conn Northeast Preps Toronto Montreal Chicago Detroit Cleveland Buffalo Cuse Rochester Albany Pittsburgh heck even Scranton...

If we cant land 3 to 4 Elite kids per year from these areas something is seriously wrong.

Keyword there is have. Yeah in the past but who are we getting now...

Most people would argue that spreading yourself thinner by branching out to more areas is not the solution.