why BJ doesnt play | Syracusefan.com

why BJ doesnt play

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
get those arms up!!!

WakeForestSyracuseBasketball-0e0ad.jpg

:noidea:

Wonder what his dad thinks? BJ's time will come.
Its a messageboard. Despite what some think, this place is pretty tame compared to other schools. Rak got his fair share of criticism/joking and look at him now, dude could run for President of SyracuseFan.com and win in a landslide.

Its a messageboard. Despite what some think, this place is pretty tame compared to other schools. Rak got his fair share of criticism/joking and look at him now, dude could run for President of SyracuseFan.com and win in a landslide.

I'd vote for him as a Third Party Candidate in 2016.

Arms up and stop chucking immediately when you check into a game...damnit!

That's always what surprises me most - it seems like it happens with all the guys who play limited minutes though (the King of quickfire being Mookie Jones), but at a certain point you have to settle in. Especially with minutes up for grab - play good D first and foremost, and let the offense come to you - no need to force shots...it's just going to shorten your time on the floor w/ JB's quick hook.

(Although subpar defense will get you taken out much quicker...)

And hands up BJ!

bj needs to read "how to close out on a shooter", by hakim warrick. its a picture book.

17-hakim-warrick-block-2003.jpg
Yeah, the Warrick Method™ is simple. I'm surprised more people don't use it.

Step 1: Jump in the air towards the shooter, simultaneously rising 5 feet in the air, while covering 15 feet of ground laterally. Step 2: Calmly extend blocking arm. Step 3: Get that ish outta here! Step 4 (optional): Tea Bags™

That's always what surprises me most - it seems like it happens with all the guys who play limited minutes though (the King of quickfire being Mookie Jones), but at a certain point you have to settle in. Especially with minutes up for grab - play good D first and foremost, and let the offense come to you - no need to force shots...it's just going to shorten your time on the floor w/ JB's quick hook.

And hands up BJ!
I'm betting the last thing Hop says to a non-rotation player as he goes into the game is "Be aggressive."

I'm betting the last thing Hop says to a non-rotation player as he goes into the game is "Be aggressive."

Absolutely - he's had some nice moments on offense, and a knack for rebounding.

Your first possession though, a pull up deep two with a hand in your face is probably not what he means.

Yesterday the last thing he probably said was, "watch the Greeeeeek!" He's that big skinny white dude with all their points!"

And hands up BJ!

With what this team is now, we really, really need BJ to be that shooter off the bench. I don't mind him shooting quick b/c he needs the confidence.

Wake barely defended Roberson and Patterson last night. Can't have 2 guys out there who can't score. Johnson is only other option, but shot hasn't been there.

Was hoping Ron would break out of his funk, but man, one of those 3 is going to need to step up offensively b/c they are going to get chances when their defender doubles Rak.

Still think this is a tourney team, but one of those 3 have to step up to make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom