Why can't I quit you? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why can't I quit you?

I am very excited for Friday night but that is because I haven't drank since the Clemson game and I am going to get sloshed like you read about on Friday

Your effort will not be wasted. We are winning Friday night
For whatever it's worth, since 2000 we have played 87 November football games. Of those 87, only 26 featured a .500 or better Syracuse vs. a .500 or better opponent. Friday will be #27. It only happens 30% of the time we play in November.

For whatever it's worth, since 2000 we have played 87 November football games. Of those 87, only 26 featured a .500 or better Syracuse vs. a .500 or better opponent. Friday will be #27. It only happens 30% of the time we play in November.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this stat, so I will do both.

Honestly I thought that percentage would be lower. I'm guessing we solely are responsible for a 500 or better record maybe 35% of that time for November games i'd guess.

After every defeat I go through this range of emotions: anger, resentment, denial, sorrow, apathy, complacence, renewel, hope. By the next game, I am hopeful again. I don't know if I'm stupid or a glutton for punishment but I cannot bring myself to thrown in the towel.

Last edited:
After every defeat I go through this range of emotions: anger, resentment, denial, apathetic, complacence, renewel, hope. By the next game, I am hopeful again. I don't know if I'm stupid or a glutton for punishment but I cannot bring myself to thrown in the towel.
I feel your pain

After every defeat I go through this range of emotions: anger, resentment, denial, apathetic, complacence, renewel, hope. By the next game, I am hopeful again. I don't know if I'm stupid or a glutton for punishment but I cannot bring myself to thrown in the towel.
Here ya go gang, OH SO appropriate, the Cuse/Dome factory of sadness:

Last edited:
By half time Thursday night, I was convinced I wasn't going to watch another down, the rest of the season. A feeling all to familiar over the past two decades.

2020 was the most recent time where I felt like this but the circumstances of the world made watching a little more tolerable.

The end of the Shafer era felt similar. During the Louisville game in 2015, I was so furious about that game/season, that I went out and cleared my gutters. To your surprise, this chore brought me no distraction. I watched the final few games to the bittersweet end of the Shafer era.

Watching this team start 4-0, you could see the cracks in the dam. Poor decision making by Shrader, poor OL play, flat defensive drives against inferior opponents, the insane amount of penalties. I talked myself out of the ugliness. The team is rusty, injuries, I'm just being a negative Syracuse fan, etc. Bottom line is the signs were there and I didn't want to believe them.

Here I am, Monday morning, my stance is softening and the desire to watch (and hurt again) are creeping back in.
Yupper, been there and done that.

Will watch. Somewhat curious to go to the new SU bar and see who's there as this will be the one game drinking there makes sense my GF is away until Sat. ND was a struggle to sit through there last year almost like that garbage I attended last week. Going out to watch a game and then pick 6 on the first play really sucks.

Also good luck to our former Boston bar reopening in its new endeavor even if it won't be sports oriented. Just checked to see if they actually opened it and looks like they have hit a funding snag hope they pull through even if they won't be showing our games.

Christmas Comedy GIF by Violent Night

By half time Thursday night, I was convinced I wasn't going to watch another down, the rest of the season. A feeling all to familiar over the past two decades.

2020 was the most recent time where I felt like this but the circumstances of the world made watching a little more tolerable.

The end of the Shafer era felt similar. During the Louisville game in 2015, I was so furious about that game/season, that I went out and cleared my gutters. To your surprise, this chore brought me no distraction. I watched the final few games to the bittersweet end of the Shafer era.

Watching this team start 4-0, you could see the cracks in the dam. Poor decision making by Shrader, poor OL play, flat defensive drives against inferior opponents, the insane amount of penalties. I talked myself out of the ugliness. The team is rusty, injuries, I'm just being a negative Syracuse fan, etc. Bottom line is the signs were there and I didn't want to believe them.

Here I am, Monday morning, my stance is softening and the desire to watch (and hurt again) are creeping back in.
Christmas Comedy GIF by Violent Night

Try the five stages of grief- you will end up in a better place!

I always want to see us win. But irrespective of how the season turns out I want Dino gone.