Why can't the Knicks get LeBron? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why can't the Knicks get LeBron?

Some more food for thought.

The Knicks have two great options at PG that they could possibly get for dirt cheap.

1) Goran Dragic is one of the most underrated PG's in the league and he has a player option for 2015-2016. He could be snatched up for about $8M.

2) MCW. We all know the Sixers are entertaining trade proposals for him. Considering the Knicks need to dump 90% of their current players and they hate having draft picks, maybe they could work out a trade for MCW (wishful thinking). Picks, maybe JR or Shumpert and Hardaway if necessary would likely seal the deal.

These moves would leave the $40M savings from Bargnani, Amare and JR's contracts largely intact. Make some adjustments for minimum salary guys on the bench and Boom!, now you have room to get an elite SG and elite PF for about $20M a year. The bench will suck, but does it really matter?
Point Guard isnt a need in the triangle but Phil does like big guards. I dont know if MCW is really a fit for what Phil wants run though.

I can see the Knicks shopping Shump, THjr and Chandler for picks or to get rid of Amare or Bargs. Clearly Phil isnt enamored with any of our 40 shooting guards if he's working out PJ Hairston.

Even if the money is available, why would he want to go to the Knicks? If Melo opts out, they're starting from scratch. If he doesn't Lebron's in the same place as he is in Miami, on a team with a couple great players and very little around them with an unproven coach. If the team he's joining isn't a clear upgrade over what he has now, why leave south beach?

Even if the money is available, why would he want to go to the Knicks? If Melo opts out, they're starting from scratch. If he doesn't Lebron's in the same place as he is in Miami, on a team with a couple great players and very little around them with an unproven coach. If the team he's joining isn't a clear upgrade over what he has now, why leave south beach?
If he joined up with Melo in NY, just Lebron/Melo and garbage is better than what he had in Miami as they all decided to be bad at basketball in the playoffs.

If he joined up with Melo in NY, just Lebron/Melo and garbage is better than what he had in Miami as they all decided to be bad at basketball in the playoffs.
Is it enough to win a championship? You can't just compare NY with Miami. You have to compare it with all of the other options. He could join Chicago with an elite defense and a very good team without Rose. If Rose gets healthy and Lebron teamed up with him, name a better team. It's the same argument me and a few others have made for Melo to go to Chicago.

Is it enough to win a championship? You can't just compare NY with Miami. You have to compare it with all of the other options. He could join Chicago with an elite defense and a very good team without Rose. If Rose gets healthy and Lebron teamed up with him, name a better team. It's the same argument me and a few others have made for Melo to go to Chicago.
Oh, im not saying his best option is NY, just that him and Melo are better than Miami with all their old dudes and run down stars.

Oh, im not saying his best option is NY, just that him and Melo are better than Miami with all their old dudes and run down stars.
That makes sense. I don't think Lebron would leave Miami to be on a marginally better team, although I can understand why the Knick fans would love to see it happen. If he were to leave, I think it have to be to go to a team that he immediately made into the championship favorite.

Well JR "wont talk to Melo anymore" if he goes to Miami so I think it's safe to say, Melo is going to Miami.

Donnie Walsh, the fake savior of the Knicks gave Amare that extra year noone else would give him including the max. Why some people think he did a good job is beyond me. His awful moves are still hurting this franchise, not to mention if Dolan didn't intervene the core of the team wouldve been Amare and D-Will.

Guy is a joke.

If Amare's contract was up this year, I think there would be a VERY good chance Lebron would join Melo in NY this summer.

The Pacers looks pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom