Why do we bother with this team? | Syracusefan.com

Why do we bother with this team?

SaltineWar

Scout Team
This university has made it abundantly clear that it does not intend to do what is necessary to field a truly competitive football team, and are content to get fat off basketball. A gift falls in their lap in the form of Doug Marrone and they can't even capitalize off it and keep him around.

So we end up with a MAC coaching staff that has proven they can't plan for even mediocre opponents, and today's horrific performance is the direct result of that. This team is 3-3 GaTech team beating us by 4 touchdowns at the half, this isn't Clemson, who might play for the national title.

We've become an exhibition team that power programs can play at MetLife against. So why do we bother?

I think hiring Shaffer was a plan by the university to show the fans how good Marrone was as a coach.

This university has made it abundantly clear that it does not intend to do what is necessary to field a truly competitive football team, and are content to get fat off basketball. A gift falls in their lap in the form of Doug Marrone and they can't even capitalize off it and keep him around.

So we end up with a MAC coaching staff that has proven they can't plan for even mediocre opponents, and today's horrific performance is the direct result of that. This team is 3-3 GaTech team beating us by 4 touchdowns at the half, this isn't Clemson, who might play for the national title.

We've become an exhibition team that power programs can play at MetLife against. So why do we bother?
Here's some free advice: Stop posting...you come across a spoiled, petulant idiot.

Proceed directly to the .com board where such behavior is not only accepted, but encouraged.

What? New IPF and spent money to get in to the ACC to keep football relevant, but yeah the admins don't care about football.
As for Marrone, he hated college football in the end. I like Marrone but let's not forget he is partially to blame for what is going on this year. In four years Marrone failed to recruit a QB or WR who could change a game.

Here's some free advice: Stop posting...you come across a spoiled, petulant idiot.

Proceed directly to the .com board where such behavior is not only accepted, but encouraged.
Spoiled?

I wish I was spoiled with some quality football every once and a while.

It's easy to be a Cuse basketball fan. I never like to take the easy route.

Spoiled?

I wish I was spoiled with some quality football every once and a while.
Maybe we could show some patience. These guys are in the first year of their job. Parcell won 3 games his first year with the giants. The list of people who struggle a bit early on in that business is very long.

Maybe we could show some patience. These guys are in the first year of their job. Parcell won 3 games his first year with the giants. The list of people who struggle a bit early on in that business is very long.
Patience is a virtue, but after not being ranked for 12 years, it eventually runs out.

the excuses come out- same patented ones used during the robinson era-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom