Why do we even play UConn? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why do we even play UConn?

We should beat UCONN. That’s the damn point.

Playing UConn at MSG makes for a better TV event and in-stadium draw.

Asking that question after this game is crybaby stuff. We would have lost to a helluva lot of schools tonight.

Maybe you want to cue up why do we play Georgetown ahead of the curve as well?

Sorry for the amount of passion behind this. Pissed we lost and I think it is a silly thread that ain’t the issue.

Georgetown is a long-time rival. I like playing home-and-homes with Gtown.

Would you rather watch us play Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, or Michigan State at MSG, over UConn? I sure as hell would. I'd prefer to let them wallow in anonymity.

Is this really that big of a game for them? lol I mean it stinks to lose in MSG, but we have so many bigger games when we will be at 100% to worry about than some Big East remnant nobody cares about that has no affect on us whatsoever anymore.

Is this really that big of a game for them? lol I mean it stinks to lose in MSG, but we have so many bigger games when we will be at 100% to worry about than some Big East remnant nobody cares about that has no affect on us whatsoever anymore.

Clearly, it is a HUGE game for them.

Would you rather watch us play Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, or Michigan State at MSG, over UConn? I sure as hell would. I'd prefer to let them wallow in anonymity.

I don’t really care about any of those old rivalries.

All they talk about is the “old days” the whole game anyway. It’s not a real rivalry if you have to show highlights from 1986 and remind all the viewers of how great these matchups used to be. Times change. Nobody cares anymore. Move on. We’ve got real rivalries that we’re battling with. Virginia has gotten the best of us, but we beat them in the dance to go to the final four. That’s rivalry stuff. The Duke games go down to the buzzer almost every time. We’ve played wars with NC State.

Things change.

This thread wouldn't have been made if Syracuse won.

With that said:

we played in the garden. need that for recruiting.

UConn provides nothing on the resume especially last year. They play in an awful conference and losing to them is a huge blow to the overall outlook when it is Selection Sunday. Villanova or St. John's would be better than UConn.

May end up being more significant for us. If we go 8-5 pre-conference, we're NITwits.

We’re not going 8-5. Jeez.

May end up being more significant for us. If we go 8-5 pre-conference, we're NITwits.

It might be, but it's so early and we didn't have a starting PG. There were some horrible things in this game that need to be fixed, but there are correctable things.

Cuse has played UConn 96 times going back to 1956 and Gtown 93. No surprise, they are Eastern schools and geographically/economically it made sense. Of course the Big East ramped up the scheduling w/both and factor in the BE tournament and here we are.

Could be. This has been about as putrid a week for the ACC as envisioned with some of the losses.

We should play UConn to prove that we can beat them. We shouldn't want to walk away now.

I think the graphic tonight said we’d won 8 out of the last 11 against them? So now it’s 8 out of 12?

Didn’t know that because I don’t really care, but that’s not too bad is it? Probably should be more in the 10 out of 12 range, but November games can go either way.

How the hell did we lose to a mid major? We’ve got the brand. We’ve got the conference. We should never play that pathetic low conference team again

Lol.

If you can’t see how the landscape has changed for them since 1999 or 2004...

They’re best bet is to be like an Xavier. Or 90’s Temple. Like an A-10 power that can knock off most anyone and make the tourney and win a game or two. And that’s fine. That’s a really solid basketball program. I’ve got a ton of respect for Xavier and the old Chaney Temple.

They’re not going to be 90’s-to the end Big East era UConn again though. And there’s a huge difference between what they can be at best and what they were.
they last won the national championship in 2010 and 2014. Nova has won 2 of the last 3. You really are clueless how these programs can build with solid 4 year players and an occasional 1- 2 year player.

UConn does nothing for us.

Morehead State though? Now that's the ticket!

They had no choice in the say. That was arranged by the tournament committee.

It's a lose lose imo. I see no reason to play them or any old BE school whatsoever...play someone else at MSG. It's their super bowl and to SU players it isn't, they have the ACC to worry about.

The Garden was electric last night -- about a 50/50 crowd. It felt like a Big East tourney semifinal game. Games and rivalries like this are what college sports are all about. The fact that we hate them makes me want to play them more.

All I know is that if we won I’d be ecstatic.

It’s a rivalry game. Sometime sports are supposed to be fun instead of a game of Risk.

they last won the national championship in 2010 and 2014. Nova has won 2 of the last 3. You really are clueless how these programs can build with solid 4 year players and an occasional 1- 2 year player.

Stop trying to group UConn with Nova. Different scenarios there.

2011, was still the real Big East, and 2014 was just one year after so they still had players.

UConn plays Nova and FSU but no other ranked teams the rest of the way. They’ll have to win 24 games or the AAC Tourney to get in

Frank woulda been nice but Carey was fantastic after the early struggles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom