Why do we not play UB in Football? | Syracusefan.com

Why do we not play UB in Football?

IDOC

Scout Team
Years ago I went to a UB/SU game at Buffalo when my son was a student there. Seems like it could draw more than Central Connecticut St. etc.
Are we afraid of awakening a sleeping giant if UB got serious about FB?

Years ago I went to a UB/SU game at Buffalo when my son was a student there. Seems like it could draw more than Central Connecticut St. etc.
Probably not enough upside to playing UB on a regular basis. Ten "atta boys" would be completely wiped out by one "oh snap!"
They have an abysmally small fan base. Talking to some of their alumni, there seems to be absolutely no push to upgrade beyond the MAC level.

Probably not enough upside to playing UB on a regular basis. Ten "atta boys" would be completely wiped out by one "oh snap!"
They have an abysmally small fan base. Talking to some of their alumni, there seems to be absolutely no push to upgrade beyond the MAC level.
Yep. Which is an absolute shame.

I would be open to playing them occasionally but would be in addition to the yearly fcs bodybag game not replacing

No need to give *any* boost to a local team when their are tons of other like teams to play.

Ub would hav beaten us with licata, bo oliver and mack. No need to schedule a local team that may beat SU once every ten-fifteen seasons.

It’s an easy game to schedule, a game we should win most times, but I assume the thinking is we are afraid of that one time they beat us. Which is a bad mentality to have if you ask me. It’s a game that should be played every year. It’s a MAC team, close proximity, decent competition, but almost likely a victory.

It’s an easy game to schedule, a game we should win most times, but I assume the thinking is we are afraid of that one time they beat us.

LOL...the last time UB beat SU was in 1899.

Great question. Probably the same reason why we haven't scheduled UAlbany as our FCS. We are lost when it comes to OOC scheduling. UB is the perfect OOC team, as UAlbany is for an FBS.

We have scheduled Albany. You can get off that kick anytime now.

We are waaay late to that party as they should be on the schedule every 2-3 years. We were too enamored with colgate.

Everybody should have something to be passionate about in life. I'm glad you found something.

Just an observation, no need for the sarcasm. We are in the northeast, OOC scheduling should be easy. There is zero excuse for UB and UAlbany missing from the schedule the last few years. Kinda like Siena missing from the hoops OOC. JB plays every midmajor within 300 miles, but wont sniff Siena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom