why does triche take more shots than fair? | Syracusefan.com

why does triche take more shots than fair?

ignore this poll

• please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • and thank you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Millhouse

Living Legend
fair has a better effective shooting percentage with fewer stinkers

triche has 5 conf games with a worse fg% than fair's worst

yet fair only has one conference game with more than 14 shots. triche has 3.

maybe if we had some dynamic offense with lots of easy baskets, i'd live with fair as a role player. but we don't. play defense and get the ball to the guy who won't shoot you out of a game entirely

fair has a better effective shooting percentage with fewer stinkers

triche has 5 conf games with a worse fg% than fair's worst

yet fair only has one conference game with more than 14 shots. triche has 3.

maybe if we had some dynamic offense with lots of easy baskets, i'd live with fair as a role player. but we don't. play defense and get the ball to the guy who won't shoot you out of a game entirely

The answer is really pretty simple.

1. Triche has the ball in his hands more because he can handle the ball and Fair can't.
2. Triche can get his shot off much easier than CJ.

1. Triche has the ball in his hands more because he can handle the ball and Fair can't.

Yep. I don't like all of these off-balanced shots he's taking lately. Not good. Also, he and others have such tunnel vision on these curls for 3s. They are being challenged and defended well with a defender running to them and getting a hand up. Make a pump fake then drive and create!

i disagree strongly about #2

And:
3. He has the green light and the confidence of his coach.

Even though I'd like to see CJ get more shots than anyone else, if Triche (or someone in addition to JS) isn't an outside threat, we're still not going anywhere.

1. MCW must drive and shoot...not pass.
2. No more than 10 3's per game...ever.
3. Boeheim needs to get over his obsession with Triche. CJ Fair has been the best player all season long and he is the one that needs to be getting 20 shot per game.

Boeheim's coaching style will not allow any of the above keys to winning actually happen.

This one has to come down to coaching. When JB has wanted to feed the post his teams have done it. I don't know why he doesn't do it more with CJ. Maybe it's because he's not a true low post guy, but it seems like he's done well when getting it down low.

If Triche and MCW are playing patty cake for 25 seconds of every possession 35 feet away from the basket again tonight, I am going to say obscene things at my television again.

I think this is a game where Brandon could easily go for 20+. He played well against Marquette last year scoring 16 points.

I have to laugh at this thread because earlier this year there were many people accusing CJ of being a black hole when he got the ball and shooting too much. :rolling:
i don't think i was one of those guys though

these two aren't shooters, no matter how much they shoot

Which is why defenses pack in tight, try and limit CJ's touches, and force our guards to shoot from outside. SU fans aren't the only ones aware that Fair is our best offensive weapon. Any opposing coaching staff worth a d@mn knows the exact same and game plans accordingly.

Yep. I don't like all of these off-balanced shots he's taking lately. Not good. Also, he and others have such tunnel vision on these curls for 3s. They are being challenged and defended well with a defender running to them and getting a hand up. Make a pump fake then drive and create!

Great post. Triche has difficulty getting his feet set before his shot, and he's not a guy that makes off balance threes. Lately, he's been running hard off of screens and just firing. It's like he's already predetermined that he's going to shoot it as he's making his curl. That's not his game - he's not Ray Allen - and JB has to reinforce that. It's not just that we're taking too many threes lately, it's that we're taking BAD threes, and Triche is a big time offender.

Which is why defenses pack in tight, try and limit CJ's touches, and force our guards to shoot from outside. SU fans aren't the only ones aware that Fair is our best offensive weapon. Any opposing coaching staff worth a d@mn knows the exact same and game plans accordingly.
we have too many quick shots. if triche and carter williams are forced to take bad shots because the shot clock is at one, that's one thing.

we have too many quick shots. if triche and carter williams are forced to take bad shots because the shot clock is at one, that's one thing.
Going for the "big three has overshadowed the easier but less spectacular 2 unless of course its a highlight slam down precipitated by a rim shattering pass almost impossibly forced pass to that area Wher have the mundane assits gone from MCW? You know penetrate the paint and kick out the pass to an openplayer for as free shotwhetheris a two or a three?:eek:

You're right and part of my frusteration is the apperent lack of working for a better shot. They just pass it around up top for 20 seconds and then get bored and chuck it or finally drive. Even defenders coming off screens early in the clock aren't worried about our guards trying to drive by them. They've realized those screens early in the clock are just pretty much for show.

I'd like to see more of an effort to work the ball to the baseline or 3's from the corners but Southerland and Cooney pretty much just go from corner 3 to elbow 3 and back while on the floor always shooting from the elbow. Would be nice to see a back screen and one of them run baseline to the opposing corner for a shot.

Triche takes more shots than CJ partially because defenses focus on CJ but also because of confidence (not saying brandon has more just talking about CJ's lack of in certain scenarios) . CJ could definitely dribble a couple more times when he is one on one on the perimeter but it seems he gets uncomfortable here and defers too often. Would like to see him get the green light to just attack with that pull up jumper. On the flip side - one of the things most noticeable with Jerami in the lineup vs James is that the team seems to move the ball better ( not always successfully) with Jerami in there. The offense becomes more deliberate but it also doesn't consist of a lot of early shot clock 3pt attempts from JS. Maybe posting Jerami up when he is in there would help. He has good hands, finishes well and attacks the basket when he gets it down there.

One more thing - if James would just use the pump fake a little he would should a lotta freebies as defenders try to get out on him. That could also help open up a cutting lane as well..

Why can other teams work us inside out to get 3's...but all of our 3's seem to come without ever having gone inside first.

Triche takes more shots than CJ partially because defenses focus on CJ but also because of confidence (not saying brandon has more just talking about CJ's lack of in certain scenarios) . CJ could definitely dribble a couple more times when he is one on one on the perimeter but it seems he gets uncomfortable here and defers too often. Would like to see him get the green light to just attack with that pull up jumper. On the flip side - one of the things most noticeable with Jerami in the lineup vs James is that the team seems to move the ball better ( not always successfully) with Jerami in there. The offense becomes more deliberate but it also doesn't consist of a lot of early shot clock 3pt attempts from JS. Maybe posting Jerami up when he is in there would help. He has good hands, finishes well and attacks the basket when he gets it down there.

I think CJ's mentality is to take what the D give's him vs the catch and fire Southerland mindset. CJ takes around 12 shots per game and I only seem to notice half of them because they are all so fluid and in the rhythm of the game. Southy will chuck it from anywhere, at any time which is great when theyre falling and sometimes a bit comedic when they aren't. Almost all of Southy's shots look like they're going in at release and he appears to believe that as well. Love the confidence but would also love to see him crash the boards since alot of his misses come straight off the iron.

Southerland actually looks like the only player that really wants to shoot most of the time. Grant is showing signs as well but he's a year off.

I think CJ's mentality is to take what the D give's him vs the catch and fire Southerland mindset. CJ takes around 12 shots per game and I only seem to notice half of them because they are all so fluid and in the rhythm of the game. Southy will chuck it from anywhere, at any time which is great when theyre falling and sometimes a bit comedic when they aren't. Almost all of Southy's shots look like they're going in at release and he appears to believe that as well. Love the confidence but would also love to see him crash the boards since alot of his misses come straight off the iron.

Southerland actually looks like the only player that really wants to shoot most of the time. Grant is showing signs as well but he's a year off.

I hate to use the comparison but James at times gets a little mookie - ish with his jacking up jumpers.

I hate to use the comparison but James at times gets a little mookie - ish with his jacking up jumpers.

It's true but I think this team needs him to be like that. Noone else exudes that type of confidence in their shot. CJ is the next in line but his is a quiet confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom