Why don't we take advantage when we can? | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we take advantage when we can?

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
That YouTube sensation who looks to be maybe 6' tall was locked up on Hughes most of the time he was on the floor. Battle a few times as well. Why did we never post up in those situations?

That YouTube sensation who looks to be maybe 6' tall was locked up on Hughes most of the time he was on the floor. Battle a few times as well. Why did we never post up in those situations?

Guards don’t know how to post up anymore. They’re too busy doing cool two ball dribbling drills and improving the number of ways they can dribble to nowhere and launch a 3.

Guards don’t know how to post up anymore. They’re too busy doing cool two ball dribbling drills and improving the number of ways they can dribble to nowhere and launch a 3.
Isn't Hughes a SF?

But I know what you mean. And agree

Isn't Hughes a SF?

But I know what you mean. And agree

Yeah, but SFs are basically guards now most of the time. At least on offense.

Guards like Jordan, Payton, Bonzi Wells used to be beasts in the post. Sam Cassell, Penny Hardaway, Kobe, Billups.

I can barely even think of a guard who posts up anymore. Derozen? Dwayne Wade? It’s just not used much.

Seems like we used to post Dave Johnson up. Paul Harris against certain teams(though not enough IMO). SF’s like Melo and Wes Johnson. We’ve done it with Brissett a little this year, but can’t remember Battle or Hughes.

Not necessarily posting up...but I miss Billy Edelin backing down Chris Thomas and scoring on him down low at will...A thing of beauty

Yes! He owned Thomas. Really loved Billy’s game when he was right. Would’ve loved to see what he could do with just one full season with no issues. Could’ve been one of the best SU guards ever.

Regardless, he got it done for our national championship team.

In addition to bigger guards not posting up... it's crazy to me how often the action we run is designed to get a player free to catch a pass when they aren't facing the basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom