Why I don't tell people I live in New Jersey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why I don't tell people I live in New Jersey

So, no grocery stores, media outlets, pharmacies, gas stations?
Pharmacy only ! The government can be our media outlet ! Fill up your gas tank and load up on food . Give us a week to prepare . If not we are gonna have 2 million cases before it’s over and 100,000 dead . 35 year old healthy nyc cop just died . 3 weeks ago I thought we were blowing this out of proportion. Now it’s real

Recent article about people with guns keeping three NJ men who were on a construction job from leaving their rented residence because they believed them to have the virus. Florida governor having road checks on I 95 checking on cars wit Nj and Ny plates. In mid April they can change the road check to cars leaving Florida.

On a continuum you could put females from North Carolina on one end and Jersey girls on the other.

It is all about perspective. I grew up in NJ, graduated from SU, lived for a little more than 3 years in the Southern Tier, then moved back to the “shore.” Every place has its share of knuckleheads. We love our town, the schools are good and I feel like my children have outstanding opportunities. Two of them attend one of the best high schools in the state, a marine science and technology school, which offers them an outstanding path to future success (and scholarships.) Our area can get crowded in the summer, because folks from New York and even CT and MA like to vacation here and then the level of shenanigans can go up exponentially. It is all about perspective, and I choose to have a positive outlook as much as I can. Don’t let the idiots drag you down, Roger!

I bust its balls as a non-native, but NJ isnt THAT bad. But I'm tired of it. Im not a native and it has worn me out. The quality of life here is pretty good, probably better than average, but for me, it is just not worth the cost of living. I get maybe a slightly higher than average quality of life for one of the top states in the country when it comes to costs and taxes.

We are looking to move in the next couple years. Right now Arizona is what we are thinking, but every couple years it changes. West though...thats a certainty.

Last edited:
What does this thread have to do with football? We all know Rutgers sucks but let's talk football instead of blasting a state for all states have issues. Cheers!

Pharmacy only ! The government can be our media outlet ! Fill up your gas tank and load up on food . Give us a week to prepare . If not we are gonna have 2 million cases before it’s over and 100,000 dead . 35 year old healthy nyc cop just died . 3 weeks ago I thought we were blowing this out of proportion. Now it’s real

How can you fill up your gas tank and load up on food if you've closed the grocery stores and the gas stations? There is no way in Hell I'd want the government to be our media outlet. Certainly not at this time anyway.

Where I happen to live, it reminds me of where I grew up in DeWitt, only with diners. Where my inlaws live, about 20 minutes from here, it's all horse farms. It's pretty nice.

I bust its balls as a non-native, but NJ isnt THAT bad. But I'm tired of it. Im not a native and it has worn me out. The quality of life here is pretty good, probably better than average, but for me, it is just not worth the cost of living. I get maybe a slightly higher than average quality of life for one of the top states in the country when it comes to costs and taxes.

We are looking to move in the next couple years. Right now Arizona is what we are thinking, but every couple years it changes. West though...thats a certainty.
Not a ton of options east of Jersey, so at least you’ve narrowed it down. ;)

You sir, win a gold star.

AZ, OR, WA are the leaders right now
WA = rain, no state income tax, high sales tax, high cost of living
OR = rain, high state income tax, moderate to high cost of living
AZ = no rain (but hot), moderate state income tax, moderate cost of living

All have mountains/topography to an extent. Depends if you have a desire to see the coast. AZ isn’t too far from the coast if you don’t care about going to Mexico to find it.

If you live in the right area, Jersey is great. Loved my 20+ years there.
I made fun of jersey for 40+ years, but I love it here.

oh, and jersey folk aren’t doing what the disgusting people who pass as humans in most of NYC and LI are doing to Drs and nurses who are actually trying to help them.

Both Board Rule # 1 and #3 apply here.

idiots...

WA = rain, no state income tax, high sales tax, high cost of living
OR = rain, high state income tax, moderate to high cost of living
AZ = no rain (but hot), moderate state income tax, moderate cost of living

All have mountains/topography to an extent. Depends if you have a desire to see the coast. AZ isn’t too far from the coast if you don’t care about going to Mexico to find it.

AZ is the leader at the 1/2 mile pole. Hot is good.

AZ is the leader at the 1/2 mile pole. Hot is good.

I was stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB (Tucson) for two years. AZ is still my favorite place I have lived. Mild winters, sunny every day, sure the heat is hot in the summer, but you need something to complain about. Besides, the valley floor heat makes it easy to choose to drive up a mountain.

The Grand Canyon is fantastic, too. Someday, I will get back there.