Why in the world did we stick with Edwards?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why in the world did we stick with Edwards??

Ya go small vs a physical team that’s killing us down low for points lol. Where do you guys come up with this stuff smh.

Armchair Coaching 101.

The fan blindly throwing darts against the wall just has to come up with a better game plan than the guy with 1000 wins.

I am sure this one will get blown out of the water but I was wondering about a variation over the last 5 minutes where we use Buddy at the 5. He still had a couple of fouls to give to defend as best he could and would have been a threat on the offensive end, pulling his man from the basket. Leave QG and Hughes at 3 and 4. Insert Goodine for Buddy. I recognize there are no good options after we loose our two big men but rather than going soft on both ends of the floor, put at least an offensive team on the floor.

I am sure this one will get blown out of the water but I was wondering about a variation over the last 5 minutes where we use Buddy at the 5. He still had a couple of fouls to give to defend as best he could and would have been a threat on the offensive end, pulling his man from the basket. Leave QG and Hughes at 3 and 4. Insert Goodine for Buddy. I recognize there are no good options after we loose our two big men but rather than going soft on both ends of the floor, put at least an offensive team on the floor.
Wow

F7989F10-741E-41F2-B1D2-E66612A55BAB.gif

Ill just pretend I didn’t read this.

Armchair Coaching 101.

The fan blindly throwing darts against the wall just has to come up with a better game plan than the guy with 1000 wins.
He may have 1000 wins, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be wrong. His presser centered around the middle killing us after our bigs fouled out... We did enough to win that game, and should have. That’s why many of us are so frustrated. This loss is on the sidelines, I’m sorry.

He may have 1000 wins, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be wrong. His presser centered around the middle killing us after our bigs fouled out... We did enough to win that game, and should have. That’s why many of us are so frustrated. This loss is on the sidelines, I’m sorry.
Not second guessing on my part. When he brought sidibe back in with 2 at the end of the half I said to myself this is a terrible idea. What can go wrong. Hated that decision

Even if he had an NBA skill set he’d get abused on the block being that skinny.

JB let us down we should have played 3 guards. The tip to Eli was stupid let Buddy launch a moon shot three from half court to use up some time and have everyone get back forget trying for a rebound.

JB won’t have HW JG3 and Buddy all on the court at the same time if the other team has physical wings we all know he’s stubborn and this is an example of it even though Buddy would just stay in the zone put his arms up and maybe even beat a bigger forward for a board.

I would have actually put Goodine in to play the 3.

Let’s hope that’s the last time both Marek and Sid foul out. If Sidibe has any injury issues rest of this season or next last nights scenario will be a regular occurrence though and I don’t want to see Edwards in that spot again.

Not that this helps now, but if he had logged a few more minutes earlier in the season, he might be better acclimated right now.

He should be redshirting but we have a big more raw than him so that’s that. Would you rather he played over Quincy who’s turned our season around?

Why can’t we recruit some big goon type guy whose entire job it is... is to play a few minutes a half ... hack away cause you don’t care about his fouls . .. and generally Be a physical pain in the ass .. it’s not that hard to get this type of guy .. they are everywhere ... and don’t tell me the scholarship is too valuable to “waste” on such a player .. this type of guy is VERY valuable in our specific situation

Why can’t we recruit some big goon type guy whose entire job it is... is to play a few minutes a half ... hack away cause you don’t care about his fouls . .. and generally Be a physical pain in the ass .. it’s not that hard to get this type of guy .. they are everywhere ... and don’t tell me the scholarship is too valuable to “waste” on such a player .. this type of guy is VERY valuable in our specific situation

That's why before I suggested a 6'6" 280+ football player to just clog the middle just for this reason. No wasted scholarship and if there is a player Dino wants to lose weight it's a win win.

Did he play that badly? Not from my perspective.

He was hesitant when he was open, but two steps from the basket. He made a pass QG didn't catch, how is that his fault 100%? He could have gone to the basket, but split second decisions, with minimal real court time, what do you expect? May be JB said to him beforehand "whatever you do, don't shoot, your job is to rebound and defend". JB clapped in encouragement on the sideline, so that says something.

He made a steal on the next play.

He didn't go up strong and foul on the go ahead play, again may be JB said to him "we are up one on the road, whatever you do don't foul!!!"

May be he was following instructions and did what he was told?

JB didn't do the "If I had anyone I wouldn't have put him out there" line he did with Roberson.

It is what it is. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Like Marco Baldi was for St Johns. I've thought the same thing on multiple occasions while watching our guys get pushed around.

Last edited:

Can this "goon" cover the corner three? If so, fine.

If not, no chance. What are we going to do with some big goon in the middle that can't cover the corner three? Defense first. Sometimes.

He should be redshirting but we have a big more raw than him so that’s that. Would you rather he played over Quincy who’s turned our season around?
They play different positions. I would have preferred he got a few more of Sidibe's minutes.

They play different positions. I would have preferred he got a few more of Sidibe's minutes.

They do?

Who plays the 5 when Sid sits?

The only time QG doesn't play center is when Sid is on the court at the same time as him. Most of Quincy's minutes come when Sid is taking a rest.

Not saying that is his natural position but its where he plays for us the most this year.

They do?

The only time QG doesn't play center is when Sid is on the court at the same time as him. Most of Quincy's minutes come when Sid is taking a rest.

Not saying that is his natural position but its where he plays for us the most this year.
Quincy hasn't played center yet this year, except when they are unbalanced. Marek is Sid's backup at the 5, and then Jesse.

They do?

You have watched this year, right?

Are you just messing with us?

Can this "goon" cover the corner three? If so, fine.

If not, no chance. What are we going to do with some big goon in the middle that can't cover the corner three? Defense first. Sometimes.
My understanding of goons is that they often lack lateral quickness

They do?

I'm flummoxed by this; flummoxed, I tell you.
I don't know up from down anymore. I thought the lanky white guy in perpetual foul trouble was Marek and the athletic, energetic black guy was Guerrier.
What day is this? Where am I? I'm so confused.

Marek.

I haven’t seen Q at center at all. When we have needed to go 3 deep, it’s been Edwards as we saw vs Clemson.