Why is 3 seed Mich St playing a home game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why is 3 seed Mich St playing a home game?

If the roles were reversed and we were a 1 seed playing a 3 seed Oklahoma team in like Tulsa, Syracuse fans would be complaining about it for the next 100 years.

Most fans are like that. Remember the hosings and forget the good breaks. Where SU fans stand out, on this board anyway, is their recollection of hosings from many decades gone by. ;)

hey cornell is #3 in hockey and our region we play in worcester next week with Bu and NE there. the ncaa does stupid things all the time

If the roles were reversed and we were a 1 seed playing a 3 seed Oklahoma team in like Tulsa, Syracuse fans would be complaining about it for the next 100 years.
In 1990 they put us as a 2 seed in Richmond against 7 seed Virginia.
We played a road game and barely got out of there with a 2 point win.

As a related aside, I found it interesting that after all of the MichSt fans left, we played in an arena that appeared 1/2 empty. Maybe those on attendance will correct me, but this is how it appeared on TV.

Like anything else with the NCAA shell game when it comes to head scratcher seeding lines and the location where teams land. I get the “protected” seed deal but logic would of been having Sparty on the two line. So now you have Kansas, Duke and MSU fighting for a single spot in the final four. I’m not a fan of any of those programs but how objective are those seed lines?

I saw a story a while back about how the MLB schedule is/was created, the Billon dollar non-profit NCAA should lean on similar competence once the field has been determined. Get the selection committee out of the picture since they “selected” the field and let objective professionals come in and create the most reasonable seed lines and playing locations. Plus, same bracket yet teams play on different days. Whoever wins today, Cuse or MSU is already at a disadvantage against Duke who is sitting at home.

Boston to Albany to New Orleans worked for Cuse in 03 but did it work for the Big 12? Second and third order effects should be discussed but to me the NCAA selection committee subjectively glosses over the details and indirectly makes a mess of things.

Point being they wanted to see WVU play Marshall so they under seed Marshall and then ship both out to San Diego but a 9:30PM EDT start on a Sunday night in the east coast will backfire except in the Wild and Wonderful state with a population smaller than one of the outer boroughs. The NCAA gets everything it deserves in terms of criticism.

My theory is that they put Duke and Kansas in MSU's way because the last thing they wanted (other than AZ showing up - look at their path btw) was MSU in San Antonio answering questions about Larry Nassar and various sexual assaults.

How often does Kansas ever get sent to a location outside of Kansas or a place that isn't close by Kansas? Almost never. Of course it helps that they are a #1 or #2 seed virtually every year. NCAA bends over to take care of their blue blood teams. Guarantee you if SU had an undefeated season they will never put them back in Albany.

Pretty sure I saw Burgen there as well. Anyone confirm?

Almost positive that was Todd a few rows behind DC and Bing - a few pounds over his playing weight :)

Reactions: MGP
Guarantee you if SU had an undefeated season they will never put them back in Albany.

That doesn't make sense. If the East Regional was in Albany (these sites are determined a few years in advance) and we literally had an undefeated season thus making us the 1 seed in the East, we would be 100% guaranteed to be in Albany.

Excellent point about the Nassar scandal, so the selection committee moves MSU off the two line at the direction/pressure from NCAA leadership and gives them a Bunny weekend in Detroit as a consolation prize.

We played two home games as a 3 seed in Albany to get us to the Final Four. It happens.

When you're in a play-in game you forego the right to complain about where you're playing. We just want to be in the thing.
True.Still it happens more for some teams than for others. Count the times Duke or UNC don’t st i their back yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom