Why is it that... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why is it that...

The whole thing was a joke what college kid doesn't rip off a paper at some point in their academic career?
I've seen it at SU. Students, indulged kids mainly, go up to a professor at the end of the semester and basically demand that their grade be changed. Like," I'm not taking no for an answer", hostile approach. They wore them down until he or she said OKAY, just do a little extra work. Which I doubt they ever did.

{raises hand}

Yeah, I “know a guy” who did that once.
Or twice.

I even know a guy who’s fraternity had files of exams from certain classes, including one Psychology class where the lazy ass Prof recycled the exact. same. 3. finals. every 3 semesters.

We, ahem, they - had to purposefully get a few answers wrong on the final, so as to not raise suspicion.

I even know a guy who’s fraternity had files of exams from certain classes, including one Psychology class where the lazy ass Prof recycled the exact. same. 3. finals. every 3 semesters.
Very lazy.

I agree but if he ever had an.issue with a trustee they would listen to jb for sure. I could actually see jb coaching or teaching golf when he retires

JB has no time for university stuff this is a dude who obsessively watches every WCC game. He might hit a few golf balls but he’s seriously locked down on basketball he watches more games than any of us.

He coaches basketball and had zero time for university nonsense.

{raises hand}
Me too. Of course, in my day, there was no giant repository of papers on the Internet. If you needed one, you put paper in a typewriter and typed it yourself. Writing a paper was bad enough but I hated typing it so much more. A laptop or iPad would have been so awesome back then. Sigh.

One time I saw an ad for a typist on Marshall St. Ripped off one of those little rectangles with a phone number and gave it a try. The girl who did it was illiterate or incompetent or perhaps both. She was a couple of days late, Introduced a bunch of spelling errors, skipped a page and typed the same paragraph twice a couple of times. I finally got the paper 15 minutes before I had to hand it in and read it as I was walking to class. It was a walk of sadness.

Some say technology is bad. I say if technology put that typist out of business, it HAS to be good.

One time I saw an ad for a typist on Marshall St. Ripped off one of those little rectangles with a phone number and gave it a try. The girl who did it was illiterate or incompetent or perhaps both. She was a couple of days late, Introduced a bunch of spelling errors, skipped a page and typed the same paragraph twice a couple of times. I finally got the paper 15 minutes before I had to hand it in and read it as I was walking to class. It was a walk of sadness.

I've got a pretty funny anecdote about a young lady who did something similar for a very well-known SU athlete and got nabbed by the professor (only she wasn't typing his work, she was doing his work, and poorly).

Better not share deets on the internet, but ask me about it if there's ever a tailgate again.

I don't want to go through the entire list, but Louisville vacated 123 wins, the 2013 NCAA title, and a 2012 Final Four appearance. Also, they fired their hall-of-fame coach. That seems significant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom