Why is JB right and the idea of Hughes at times at the 2 wrong. | Syracusefan.com

Why is JB right and the idea of Hughes at times at the 2 wrong.

20plus

2nd String
I believe we should see some of Hughes at the 2.

Buddy or Joe with Hughes would be great.

Quincy/Marek/and Sidbe or Edwards would be better now that Quincy is scoring.

It doesn't matter to me, but with the propensity for both Q and Bourama to foul at an alarming rate it's hard to play them at the same time. The better question is why wasn't Edward's given more time early if you decide to redshirt JBA. It limits the amount of fouls we had to use. We needed 10 minutes / game out of Edward's or JBA this year. Marek just isn't a center.

It doesn't matter to me, but with the propensity for both Q and Bourama to foul at an alarming rate it's hard to play them at the same time. The better question is why wasn't Edward's given more time early if you decide to redshirt JBA. It limits the amount of fouls we had to use. We needed 10 minutes / game out of Edward's or JBA this year. Marek just isn't a center.

These are two of my points actually

1)that’s why I put Edwards in the equation and 2)why in my equation Marek is not that 5 but plays a lot at the 4.

Teams will keep one man with Joe and Eli and completely pack the paint, leaving little room for either of them to drive.

It also leaves you with 1 guy who can’t score, 1 guy who hasn’t scored the past few games, and 1 guy who can only score in the paint. None of these 3 can make a shot with any consistency outside of 8ft and therefore require very little defensive attention.

the floor spacing would be horrific. Driving lanes and passing lanes would shrink. And we don’t have many good passers as it is

Buddy still requires attention and drags a defender away from the rim even if he’s not on.

and as hard as it is to imagine, our ball handling would be worse. Buddy isn’t a good ball handler but for obvious reasons he’s better than Q right now

Because his Son is a 2. Basically JB isnt playing anyone else at the 2.
Hughes will play the 2 at the next level. He is a natural 2.
1: Joe
2: Hughes
3: Marek
4: Guerrier
5: Sid

I wonder if a junior Oshae Brisset was still here what would happen. Would Marek go to the bench and Buddy stays the 2? Or would Buddy be on the bench with Eli at the 2

Elijah plays point forward at the end of every game, he also plays point forward against the press.

In the second half just play Hughes at the point with either Joe or Buddy depending on who is playing better.

It helps defense, defensive rebounding, and can lead to transition buckets....

I wonder if a junior Oshae Brisset was still here what would happen. Would Marek go to the bench and Buddy stays the 2? Or would Buddy be on the bench with Eli at the 2
Marek to 5 or sixth man

elijah leads this team in assists per game. best guard on the floor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom