Why no field goals | Syracusefan.com

Why no field goals

We have been in the red zone 3 times where we could have kicked field goals. This is ridiculous never give up points and now NCS IS READY TO SCORE
I'd normally question this, but I can't and won't. I'm assuming they're struggling with them in practice big time.

At least on the last drive playing for six made sense.

Make it a 3 score game rather than keep it at two
It doesn’t make sense when it’s 4th and 7 and you’ve had trouble moving the ball in the red zone . Go up 13. That way even if they score 2td you only need a FG to take back the win. If it were 4th snd 1 or 2 I’d agree with going

3 times we went for it. We only got 7 points. Three field goals would have given us 9 points. That’s if we hit all three attempts.
No issues with it.

Dodgy special teams well documented.

Plus we had the onions to go for the kill shot.

Refreshing change.

I imagine the kicking during practices was too inconsistent for coach to be confident they would come through during the game and trusted the unit that has been consistent all year to do the heavy lifting

It doesn’t make sense when it’s 4th and 7 and you’ve had trouble moving the ball in the red zone . Go up 13. That way even if they score 2td you only need a FG to take back the win. If it were 4th snd 1 or 2 I’d agree with going

If you're giving up 2 TDs with 3 mins left in the game then you've got bigger issues than being aggressive on 4th down

Pittsburghs stadium is a tough place to kick Id expect us to go a lot next game.

There was one where the down was 7 yards or so and I'd have kicked it but the rest of the time going was the right choice. We left a lot of points on the field last night but the offense was that good it seemed like we were in the red zone again every few minutes. Pretty happy with the D as well.

I also wanted them to go for a couple more FG's when it was 4th and 5 or longer. However, it looks like they were close to blocking both FG's, which may have given Fran pause.

So you need to show some faith in our new young kicker Oh. That said I genuinely believe Fran is thinking big and I can respect that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom