Why not 5 Conferences of 14? | Syracusefan.com

Why not 5 Conferences of 14?

alphaorange

Starter
I know that it's 6 more mouths to feed in total, but it probably includes all the major players. It could be set up as 2 divisions with 7 teams each. In football, you play every team in your division and rotate three games with the other division with two OCC games. Winner of A plays winner of B for conference title.

In BBall, play everyone in your division twice, everyone in the other division once with lots of room for OCC contests. Top two teams get a bye in the conference tourney. I must be missing something but each conference actually gets more money per team. What am I missing? Isn't there enough good teams for the the two Bigs, the ACC, the SEC, and the PAC to have 14 quality teams?

Cuz there is no "Football Don" that would get the 5 leagues together to make this happen. Free Market is always not neat n clean. Actually I think 80 teams is a decent compromise to allow more inclusion. Really should be 8 leagues of 10 teams if we had a Football Don.

Cuz there is no "Football Don" that would get the 5 leagues together to make this happen. Free Market is always not neat n clean. Actually I think 80 teams is a decent compromise to allow more inclusion. Really should be 8 leagues of 10 teams if we had a Football Don.

Pac10
Big10
SEC
SWC (plus Tulsa or UTEP)
Big8 (plus Utah and BYU or AF)
ACC (plus South Carolina)
BE (original 8 plus UConn and PSU)
CUSA
MWC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members