Why Not Us? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why Not Us?

This is where I am.

There are still a lot of unknowns and a lot can happen - any team outside of UCONN will have comparable or better talent. It will be up to our kids and coaches to make it a special season. If we top out at 6 and learn a lot - I'm still giddy.

I don’t know. Only 6 wins against this schedule considering we already have 3 will leave me far less than giddy ...especially if we remain relatively healthy

Wonder what everybody's expectations are now? I think today proved they are much better than a 6 win team and with how our division as fallen apart 9 wins is very reachable, possibly 10.

Thoughts?

It hasn’t been said enough, the un-selfishness that dino highlights has made this team formidible and resilient. This is what a very good team looks like. Our performances against clemson aren’t flukes, we’re better than most of the teams in the top 25

I think we have a legitimate chance to win out.
I think you're right. It is legitimate. I'm curious how big the gap is between legitimate and likely. Regardless, this is a fun year and I can enjoy watching it play out with no chance of being depressed.

everygame we win the chance gets higher.. about 10-15% right now.

I think you're right. It is legitimate. I'm curious how big the gap is between legitimate and likely. Regardless, this is a fun year and I can enjoy watching it play out with no chance of being depressed.

I mean...I think we are the better team in 2 of 3 and are a 50/50 shot in the other. I am not high on ND.

BC and ND are both very good teams that play a physical brand of ball that we have struggled against. In addition both games are outdoors in November. Doable for sure but they are going to be really tough battles.

I really think we can beat both. Nd being the tougher game and I will explain why. Last few games we have seen an uptick in plays made at los because of our lb play and them coming more downhill especially Guthrie. When we play bc they will have a moose but it is iso football. ISO ball is not rocket science to defend. Lineman need to get movement on oline but ends can’t come upfield too far as it creates seams for Rb. Linebackers need to be at heals at 5 yds and come downhill with a vengeance we haven’t seen from all three together. We need to gang tackle him with a lot of hats to the ball. Beat him up physically and keep one safety for run support 14. Keep Cisco back and secondary cover their space or man. Need to attack Dillon in a way that he doesn’t like like being hit at los. Stuff the dog shiiiiiiiiit outta the fb and we have a great shot at their place. Kids should play fast and free cause their is little thinking going on. One game at a time but we can do this. Nd will run zone and rpo so there is more discipline involved against Nd.

I mean...I think we are the better team in 2 of 3 and are a 50/50 shot in the other. I am not high on ND.
I think we absolutely should win the next and are 50/50 in the last 2. ND is undefeated and looks like they have improved throughout the season and BC plays the brand of football that can give us fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom