Why Syracuse will win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse will win

SWC75

Bored Historian
Why SYRACUSE will win

- Because BC stinks. Their 3-3 record is a fraud. The three wins are over Massachusetts, Wagner and Buffalo. It’s like we played Colgate three times. The three losses are to Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Clemson by a combined 24-122, ((8-41). They were out-gained in those games by an average of 232-407.

- We have one common opponent. We beat Virginia Tech 31-17. They lost to them 0-49. “But there is no transitive property in college football.” That’s a pretty big gap to be meaningless.

- Our defense stunk early in the year but has been playing better as the season has progressed. The “keep them in front of you and close in numbers” scheme is beginning to work. BC won’t be much of a challenge for it. Even with UMASS, Wagner and Buffalo, they rank 121st in the country in producing yards and 113th in scoring.

- Amba Etta-Tawo has been kind of low-key the last two games and we’ve used other weapons. We’ll go back to him- and the Eagles will still have to worry about the other weapons.

- Nunes has an interesting interview with a BC blogger: SU vs. BC preview: Q&A with BC Interruption
Some interesting quotes:” Not buying BC at all in this one. I think the offense is too inconsistent to put up points and the defense will again be exposed. I think Syracuse routs the Eagles 34-10…. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Addazio is canned by Sunday if BC goes out and gets pasted. If that happens, and this is just me guessing here I have no intel, I would bet Paul Pasqualoni finishes the season.” Q: We talking about the #OrangeEagle Trophy anymore? Or should we just enjoy its permanent residence in Central New York? A: “Just take it, our program is a mess. “

3-4 with 5+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!!

Wake was a guaranteed win as well. I am spooked by all the positive vibes following last week's win and all the previews of BC's General suckiness. Every game this year is tough in its own way, just gotta believe in the Babers!

Today's game is a measuring stick, a milestone. When a team is rebuilding and can step into the zone where they beat the teams they should beat, then the rebuilding team has reached another milestone in their journey.

I am less worried about the recent history of losing when we should win, HCDB has proven himself capable of keeping teams focused. These kids know they have to play the game HCDB's way to succeed. Most of the kids on the team know how bad losing feels and much prefer winning with HCDB's methods. The team will be focused.

Whether BC will change up their plan of the slow grind or whether the weather plays a part in the game is why the kids still play the games, otherwise, Alabama would have been crowned the champion in September.

GO ORANGE!

36190303thedarkknighttrailerign-1447725393793_large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom