Why the fear over losing this class and system? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Why the fear over losing this class and system?

You just want to pick a fight.

Offense overall is trending up in college football. For many years we were bottom of the barrel. Last season we got to see what offense can look like. You know, like when people play video games.

Offense is the easy part in college football. That's the point. P, Robinson and Marrone's first 3 years suckered us in to believing it's difficult to move the ball and score points.

And you have an agenda to not give the last guy any credit. And don't point to some grudging backhanded single post vs X000's and say "see I'm fair".

And you have an agenda to not give the last guy any credit. And don't point to some grudging backhanded single post vs X000's and say "see I'm fair".
I don't really like Marrone. It's never been a secret.

But I have given the man credit. You're a funny one to be judging "agendas." Let's not act like your rep hasn't been as Marrone's #1 apologist.

One of us has been a lot more objective assessing Marrone than the other. Hint: it's me.

I don't really like Marrone. It's never been a secret.

But I have given the man credit. You're a funny one to be judging "agendas." Let's not act like your rep hasn't been as Marrone's #1 apologist.

One of us has been a lot more objective assessing Marrone than the other. Hint: it's me.

What's there to apologize for? Guy did the job he was hired to do and moved on. At the end of the day it doesn't matter why he left, four years later the program is in a much better spot.

What's there to apologize for? Guy did the job he was hired to do and moved on. At the end of the day it doesn't matter why he left, four years later the program is in a much better spot.
You're confusing apologist with apologizing.

Meh. I think you and Go are fixating too much on my use of the word "normal."

Good offense is everywhere in college pigskin these days. It's an era for offense. Even if we fall off a bit in total offense next season we can still have a "good" offense, which is "normal" for a lot of teams, even though it hasn't been "normal" for us.

I don't believe losing Hackett means our chances at having a "good" offense next season decrease that much, so long as we get another OC that understands that "good" offense is "normal" in college football these days.

There are a lot of good OCs out there.
Normal is a synonym for average. A ranking of 17th is far above average. If you want to say the system we had last year was normal, in that everyone seems to be going to fast paced spread offenses, that's fair. If you're trying to say our production was normal/average, it wasn't. The numbers clearly show it. I agree there are a lot of good OC's out there. I hope HCSS brings one in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom