Why was Sochi chosen for the Olympics | Syracusefan.com

Why was Sochi chosen for the Olympics

When things just don't add up it's usually because it does add up for somebody that lurks and skulks behind the scenes.

Very disappointing that two sport organizations like the IOC and FIFA, whom have enough power and clout to force some changes, choose instead to play along and let money go into their own pockets and government crony pockets.

The IOC has a long candidate process and it's laughable how Sochi made it all the way through. The city is considered a humid subtropical climate. What a joke.

Terrible. Meanwhile, Russia is a mess under Putin (ukrainian bias)

"Dmitry Kozak, the deputy prime minister responsible for the Olympic preparations, seemed to reflect the view held among many Russian officials that some Western visitors are deliberately trying to sabotage Sochi's big debut out of bias against Russia. "We have surveillance video from the hotels that shows people turn on the shower, direct the nozzle at the wall and then leave the room for the whole day," he said. An aide then pulled a reporter away before Mr. Kozak could be questioned further on surveillance in hotel rooms."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304680904579366712107461956

Because if the IOC isn't the most corrupt organization around, it's only because FIFA tops it.

From the little I've been able to find out, it sounds like a lot of Olympic voters (whoever they are) were kind of seduced by Putin. Back in 2007 he had more clout on the world stage. Sochi didn't beat out the second choice (South Korea) by very much.

As to why Russia nominated Sochi for the Olympics, I found this interesting article:
http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2014/feb/05/why-sochi-russia-olympics/?insrc=hpss
Well can you blame them?

Putin%2Bthe%2Bmodel.jpg

Look at that come hither stare.

(And yes, I realize it's a PhotoShop)

Well can you blame them?

Putin%2Bthe%2Bmodel.jpg

Look at that come hither stare.

(And yes, I realize it's a PhotoShop)

I knew using the words 'seduced by Putin' was going to come back to haunt me.

OOPS!

Sochi Problems‏@SochiProblems7 mins
The #SochiOlympics will only feature 4 rings as to the normal 5 due to 'technical difficulties'. #SochiProblems

Bf4nh0kCYAExIsD.png
Will be interesting to see how they treat this during the broadcast of the opening ceremonies tonight - edit it out as much as possible or make a big deal of it? I assume they've fixed it by now. Never should've hired this guy to do the pyrotechnics:

tumblr_mxqhgvdVbM1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Last edited: