Wichita State vs Kentucky thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wichita State vs Kentucky thread

Can Greg Anthony stop doing those hardy LAUGHS after a play?Jesus. Be a professional.

pulling for Kentucky here. what a game!

they are smacking this mid-major "havoc-creator", thug ya, and bump ya, and try to work the refs team right back. Love it.

where are all the morons who thought wsu was overrated? they have skilled athletes

Overrated in the sense that their coach has made jackass comments and they wouldn't have gone undefeated in the ACC, SEC, B1G, PAC 12, BIG XII, Big East, A-10, etc.

This game is a good example of what happens when the refs call a good game, and a good team does not wilt under the "nothing to lose" pressure a mid major can bring.

Huh, would have guessed after our game that they would have reviewed that elbow for 5 or 10 minutes...

Hmmm...makes me wonder what we would've done different with a timeout. Then I remembered the end of the NC State game.

How is that not a Flagrent 1 on Harrison but it was on Cooney yesterday? I don't see any difference in the play.

Earley has to have that ball make it into his hands there.

Shot wasn't even close.

Wow. Great look there. Shockers are DONE. 30-whatever and ONE.

Great team though. They did a great job today. Extra kudos to Kentucky. What a game!

Earley has to have that ball make it into his hands there.

Shot wasn't even close.
Totally agree, Early has to get that ball. The PG didn't do much at all today, that would be almost like letting Silent G take the last shot for us in that situation, what a dumb play.

LVille vs Kentucky with a week build up.

I imagine gonna be a fun week in Kentucky.

BTW some bone head coaching by W. State coach towards the end going zone when UK had lit it up earlier.

LVille vs Kentucky with a week build up.

I imagine gonna be a fun week in Kentucky.
Go L-ville. I'll never root for any team that Pay Pal Cal coach's and especially UK.

Epic choke job. They have been talking s*** all year - players, coaches and fans - and can't get out of the 2nd round.

And now the media making excuses for them. No one complains that other top seeds get a "tough draw" in the 2nd round and lose. They didn't deserve that seeding and hopefully the "wolf" will shut up about "playing angry."

I do feel dirty for cheering for Kentucky.

Last edited:
Epic choke job. They have been talking s*** all year - players, coaches and fans - and can't get out of the 2nd round.

And now the media making excuses for them. No one complains that other top seeds get a "tough draw" in the 2nd round and lose. They didn't deserve that seeding and hopefully the "wolf" will shup up about "playing angry."

I do feel dirty for cheering for Kentucky.

If you watched that game and don't think WS is a top 5 team then I don't know what to tell you. UK played out of their minds to win that game. Just wanna keep it real here. WS would handle SU rather easily.

BPO57 is right. Kentucky played out of their minds good today. They would've beaten anybody today and probably routed many playing like that. WSU is an excellent team and played great. HIGH level game.

If you watched that game and don't think WS is a top 5 team then I don't know what to tell you. UK played out of their minds to win that game. Just wanna keep it real here. WS would handle SU rather easily.

UK was barely a top 25 team coming into the tournament with almost zero quality wins. Perhaps the WS d made UK look so good? WS got a very controversial #1 seed after having played no one all year. This was the first time they were playing a brand named top 25 caliber team(not even a great one at that) so it was put up or shut up time. They failed and thus proved the skeptics like myself right that they did not deserve a #1 seed. Good team but more like a 4 or 5 seed than a 1.

bpo57 said:

And as I read here, all they will be remembered for is losing in the 2nd round. Saying they would beat us isn't saying much, but we were as close to the Sweet 16 as they were and we aren't getting any participation credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom