Wichita State vs Kentucky thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wichita State vs Kentucky thread

Welcome to the big leagues Wichita st. You're good but not 35-0 good, no chance they have that record in a big boy league.

Strawman.jpg.
Nobody said they'd be 35-0 in a big league, nor does anybody in the big leagues have to go 35-0 to be considered really good.

UK played their best game. That was a Duke-Cuse Part I level game.

Strawman.jpg.
Nobody said they'd be 35-0 in a big league, nor does anybody in the big leagues have to go 35-0 to be considered really good.

UK played their best game. That was a Duke-Cuse Part I level game.

Agreed. It's truly laughable that some on here aren't giving credit to how well BOTH teams played. The execution on both ends was off the charts. The only flukes were the bank shots that both teams hit.

Agreed. It's truly laughable that some on here aren't giving credit to how well BOTH teams played. The execution on both ends was off the charts. The only flukes were the bank shots that both teams hit.

Lotta haters and homers on this board and they let that get in their way of at least trying to be somewhat objective.

bpo57 said:
Lotta haters and homers on this board and they let that get in their way of at least trying to be somewhat objective.

This thread seems to have more Wichita homers than Cuse homers.

Every other 1 seed who loses in the second round is laughed at. Wichita is special.

Every other 1 seed who loses in the second round is laughed at. Wichita is special.

Just ask Gregg Marshall - he'll tell you.

I'm happy to see Wichita St. gone. I rooted for Kentucky, which I will probably never do again. But wanted the Shockers exposed for playing so many cupcakes to get that record. I have to say though I was pretty impressed with them. I even have to give kudos to Kentucky and how they played. It was a really good game. And the Kentucky players had to work to get to this level. This time Paypal Cal did not get what he paid for most of the season. He actually had to work to get these players to play this well. So they may actually deserve this run.

I feel like 1 seeds wouldn't be laughed at if their opponent was regarded by most as being closer to a 5 or 6 seed and also played their best game of the year.

It's one thing if you play like absolute and lose (see: Syracuse this year). It's another if you play great, but the other team happens to make one more shot than you (Wichita).

Anybody that watched that game and came away from it thinking that Wichita isn't a great team simply doesn't know basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom