Wildhack Press Conference | June 28 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Press Conference | June 28

A different read. It’s cheaper to pay coordinators to try and help get a winner out of a behemoth contract than it is to just buy Dino out.
That is true but it doesnt mean my statement isnt true.

While I see the need for stability in righting the ship, I can’t help but feel read this and say ADJW is a bit too content with being mediocre, if things stagnate at 5-7 and 6-6. I see both sides of the coin

I think the rumor is that Dino's contract is through 2024, I see him fulfilling that contract. These guys Anae and Beck know they're solid for at least 3 years. And if Cuse is successful, Beck, Nick Monroe, Tony White or Mike Schmidt becomes head coach after Dino retires.

Last edited:
This is exactly the model a school like Syracuse should follow; it’s smart business
It was about his only move considering the draconian buyout.
I believe it will work out as long as Dino lets the OC and DC do their jobs. My two cents on our new OC is that he is a no bs all business guy. I dont see him being told what to do by Dino. The O is going to be his.

I think the rumor is that Dino's contract is through 2024, I see him fulfilling that contract. These guys Anae and Beck know they're solid for at least 3 years.
Aside from the very rare Harbaugh situation, coaches never work in the final year of a contract. An AD just can’t allow it - a coach can’t recruit for next year if he’s not signed for next year.

Dino basically has until October 2023 to right the ship.

Aside from the very rare Harbaugh situation, coaches never work in the final year of a contract. An AD just can’t allow it - a coach can’t recruit for next year if he’s not signed for next year.

Dino basically has until October 2023 to right the ship.
I think Dino has longer myself. I don’t think the university has the pocketbook or the stones to get rid of him

While I see the need for stability in righting the ship, I can’t help but feel read this and say ADJW is a bit too content with being mediocre, if things stagnate at 5-7 and 6-6. I see both sides of the coin

You know I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, but yesterday it dawned on my Wildhack had to be at the forefront of getting out of the Dome contract with Carrier, the 150+M in new Dome renovations, putting up money for two top-tier assistants and pushing for the 3-5-5 (and making sure we had an opponent in Florida) schedule. That doesn't scream mediocrity to me.

at the end of the day maybe Wildhack doesn't view 5-7 seasons as all that bad. I can see the logic.

at the end of the day maybe Wildhack doesn't view 5-7 seasons as all that bad. I can see the logic.
If they are going to expand the playoff (which they are) and the bowl system is getting blown up to where at 6 wins or 7 wins odds are you aren't going to any bowl, then honestly that may be the vision.

Buyouts shrink as the contract gets closer to expiration. And why wouldn’t they have the stones? This is a business, and everyone knows it.
IMO, I think the business environment will be much different in a year and not for the better. Hopefully I’m wrong, I personally think in NIL era, our consistent ceiling is probably 6-6. Too many challenges to overcome

I don't think that's the case. If that is the case, he should move on.

Not saying I agree but I think the past 20 years have proven the challenge it would be to actually build a consistent winner at Syracuse given the current landscape and it's only gotten worse. Wildhack is realistic about what the ceiling actually is at Syracuse but the floor can get pretty GD low if you really look at it.

If they are going to expand the playoff (which they are) and the bowl system is getting blown up to where at 6 wins or 7 wins odds are you aren't going to any bowl, then honestly that may be the vision.

Agreed, just to keep your head barely above water with a good season every 4-5 years which seems to be the current rate at best. Quite frankly, I really don't care. I am going to Syracuse football games regardless but certainly have learned to roll with the punches and I have been in favor of giving Dino 2 more years to try again for the 3rd time to rebuild!! I don't think there are many coaches out there who could do better, I just don't and I don't think it made any sense to give up on Dino and pay some huge buyout.

I do like that Dino has now hired outside tree on the offensive side of the ball.

IMO, I think the business environment will be much different in a year and not for the better. Hopefully I’m wrong, I personally think in NIL era, our consistent ceiling is probably 6-6. Too many challenges to overcome
I’m not really talking about Dino here. I’m talking about contracts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom