Will Coach Boeheim's retirement date reflect entry to the ACC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Coach Boeheim's retirement date reflect entry to the ACC?

JB will not retire b/c of change to the ACC. He may be emotional about the realignment but he is a realist as well. JB will retire when JB decides to retire and I don't see that in the near future. The idea that he doesn't want to play Duke b/c of his friendsip with K is ludicrous. He plays Calhoun every year and, despite the sense that SU fans hate JC, doesn't mean that JB and JC aren't good friends. Has JB retired? Nope. There are many instances of "good friends" coaching against each other as well as father-son opponents. Its a job folks. That's what they do. They hug each other and say "Nice game" ... "See you on the links tomorrow". Speaking of which ... think of all the golf JB can get in now in those warmer climes.

JB will not retire b/c of change to the ACC. He may be emotional about the realignment but he is a realist as well. JB will retire when JB decides to retire and I don't see that in the near future. The idea that he doesn't want to play Duke b/c of his friendsip with K is ludicrous. He plays Calhoun every year and, despite the sense that SU fans hate JC, doesn't mean that JB and JC aren't good friends. Has JB retired? Nope. There are many instances of "good friends" coaching against each other as well as father-son opponents. Its a job folks. That's what they do. They hug each other and say "Nice game" ... "See you on the links tomorrow". Speaking of which ... think of all the golf JB can get in now in those warmer climes.

You can't deny that he has said on many occasions why he doesn't schedule Duke. And obviously when you're in the same conference like JB and JC the dynamics are different and you don't have a choice.

It's just easy to see it as a nice endpoint in his career, depending on the timeline for ACC entry. My guess is that this upcoming season is JB's penultimate year.

lol at anyone who thinks pitt and cuse join acc bball and do not play duke and unc every year

I think SU and UCONN will alternate playing Duke and UNC every year. First Year: SU plays Duke here and UNC goes to Storrs. The next
yearwe go to UNC and the Huskies are in Cameron. Then we go to Duke and UCONN to the Smith Dome. Then UNC comes herer while Duke is at UCONN, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom