Will Hicks to rejoin Football Staff | Syracusefan.com

Will Hicks to rejoin Football Staff

Yes, he will mentor Edinger on how to transition from trainer to fundraiser.
So he can ink

"More M$NY" on his knuckles to show the Whales?

Angry Tina Fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

PROPER DEDICATION TO S&C MOTHERTRUCKERS

as long as he stays clear of the weight room fine. Don't need more players getting fatter and slower.

as long as he stays clear of the weight room fine. Don't need more players getting fatter and slower.
What’s worse - fatter and slower or not dressed due to injury?

Gotta love Will Hicks, a great story teller!​

It was telling that Dino wasn't here but 5 minutes and s canned him.

I mentioned this before about S&C, the AD should hire the best S&C coach they can find. The FB HC is not an expert in what it takes to make a football player in the gym. You shouldn't need to change your S&C because of a new HC or new system. It is still football.

Being bigger does not mean you have to be slow. Being bigger does not mean you have to lack endurance. Look at the SEC kids, they make our kids look like middle schoolers. Sure they have more football talent, but why can they have big bodies but we are creating smaller guys? And FB is a collision sport. Having larger mass helps absorb all of those blows.

Also look at 100M sprinters. They are all jacked. They get that way because you need muscle for explosiveness and high end speed. Since FB is a game of short bursts of explosiveness, you need to pack on size.

That being said, Hicks' way is outdated. Exercise science has changed quite a bit. But a lot of what he did is still relevant. It seems like we went too far in the opposite direction. Having him around might help bring us back toward the middle.

He ran it a bit different than now. Technique looks same though. It’s a bit looser than I would like but our issue now is knee injuries. We have to change something to train that area either better or more efficiently.

He ran it a bit different than now. Technique looks same though. It’s a bit looser than I would like but our issue now is knee injuries. We have to change something to train that area either better or more efficiently.
I wonder if we do any variable plane lunging.

I wonder if we do any variable plane lunging.
I don’t know if they do but maybe should look into the new guy that does knee stretching and strengthening. Putting knees in positions I though weren’t good but it helps them. Haven’t studied yet but he does fix a lot guys with bad knees

I don’t know if they do but maybe should look into the new guy that does knee stretching and strengthening. Putting knees in positions I though weren’t good but it helps them. Haven’t studied yet but he does fix a lot guys with bad knees
Ben Patrick better known as KneesOverToesGuy? Who is a Charles Poloquin desciple?

Ben Patrick better known as KneesOverToesGuy? Who is a Charles Poloquin desciple?
I've heard of that guy, but have only briefly checked him out. Not sure what to think of his stuff. Having not looked deeply into it, I'd feel better about the Gary Gray lunge sequence right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom