Will Nixon out for season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Nixon out for season

SU coach Fran Brown said Nixon suffered a Lisfranc injury — the same injury that benched tight end Oronde Gadsden II last season — and will not return until spring ball at the earliest.

“He had surgery already, so he’s already back wanting to move and things of that nature," Brown said. “We’ll see him next spring, but right now it’s Yasin Willis and LeQuint Allen."

So Nixon in 3 games had 4 receptions for 44 yards, 19 rushes 80 yards no TDs. Certainly a capable #2. Certainly thin's out our depth. I still prefer Willis at #2. While Nixon is probably a better receiver, we are super strong receiving this year. I think Willis gives us a much better run game (20 carries for 113 yards)and he is plenty stout for blitz pickup. So to me Willis run game/blocking trumps receiving loss at RB. That said I hope the young man heals quickly and is back in the spring.

You know he gets paid to play college football, it's his job.
He also gets to pursue a Master's degree to earn more money for free and then is big man on campus with women throwing themselves at him. Most college football players not good enough for the NFL would play until their 30 or their body gives out if they could.
I don’t think many undergrads are going for the doctoral candidate.

Bummer. Cody Catalina. Ashton Boyd. Kadin Bailey and now Will Nixon. You don’t want me as President of Your Fan Club. Madden Curse level.

Hope Will gets better.

That’s not great.

People wanted more Willis, they are going to get more Willis. Wonder who #3 will be.
Yeah idid but never at this poor kids expense. Good zone kid with great hands. Good luck young man. Get betterand kick ass next year.

So Nixon in 3 games had 4 receptions for 44 yards, 19 rushes 80 yards no TDs. Certainly a capable #2. Certainly thin's out our depth. I still prefer Willis at #2. While Nixon is probably a better receiver, we are super strong receiving this year. I think Willis gives us a much better run game (20 carries for 113 yards)and he is plenty stout for blitz pickup. So to me Willis run game/blocking trumps receiving loss at RB. That said I hope the young man heals quickly and is back in the spring.
How are we deciding Willis is a better blocker? From what I have seen Nixon was better, but I may have missed some plays.

How are we deciding Willis is a better blocker? From what I have seen Nixon was better, but I may have missed some plays.
Yeah Willis is struggling there as to be expected for a freshman. I am looking forward to him getting more snaps now though.

Sorry about the broken link, this is a screenshot of the same Instagram post alleging that Will Nixon is out for the season
Low blow. The guy just got hurt and you're calling him 'she'.

Nixon is a tough and fast RB. If he rebounds like OG did then he could be RB1 next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom