Will the media wake up now that St. Louis has lost 3 in a row with Wichita State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will the media wake up now that St. Louis has lost 3 in a row with Wichita State

To me this debate also comes down how you are seeding teams, by what they have accomplished, how good we think they are, or a combo.
If you just go b y who you beat, when you beat them, and where you beat them (which is what the NCAA claims) then I don't see how you could say they are a #1. You need to beat more good teams to be a #1 than Wichita has.
To take the other side of the argument, if you could transport the Miami Heat to the NCAA and have them play Wichita's schedule, they'd have the exact same resume; obviously the Miami Heat should be a 1 seed. So I think stuff like Pomeroy might help a little here in bridging some of the gap; they have Wichita as #5 overall.

But like I said, if it's just about who you beat, even an undefeated Wichita team doesn't have the wins to be a #1 in my book.

A-10 has 6 teams in contention and think they get 5
UMass, VCU, St. Louis, George Washington should get in and then St. Joe's or Dayton should get in as well.

I just think if @ St. Louis is your toughest game all season and best win you can't be a 1 seed because your schedule isn't good enough and you haven't beaten/played enough top teams.

Agreed. I have no problem with Wichita St being given a 2. A 1 is pushing it.

Marshall did his team a disservice in how he scheduled his non-conference schedule. Marshall could have played anybody in a 1 game road series, but he didn't. Gonzaga took several years to get the respect Marshall wanted after 1 year.

He didn't do his team a disservice. It would appear that he played it perfectly. They will get a #1 seed.

But why is this a big argument? So what if they are a 1 seed. Do you think Syracuse should get it instead? That is laughable at this point. Any feeling of superiority we may have had 3 weeks ago is long gone. BC and GT are not better teams than the patsies Wichita State has been drubbing. So we certainly CAN NOT say that Syracuse would be undefeated with the same schedule the Shockies have played.

He didn't do his team a disservice. It would appear that he played it perfectly. They will get a #1 seed.

But why is this a big argument? So what if they are a 1 seed. Do you think Syracuse should get it instead? That is laughable at this point. Any feeling of superiority we may have had 3 weeks ago is long gone. BC and GT are not better teams than the patsies Wichita State has been drubbing. So we certainly CAN NOT say that Syracuse would be undefeated with the same schedule the Shockies have played.
Wisconsin, Kansas, Arizona, Florida would be my 1 seeds. I am not talking about Wichita State with the hat of a Syracuse fan. I find how the subjectivity the NCAA committee decides on things to be inconsistent and like to follow their logic so I can reasonably predict how the committee thinks. As I have said before if Wichita State is a 1 seed if they go undefeated would Murray State 2 years ago been a 1 seed if they went 34-0 before the tournament instead of 33-1 and were given a 6 seed? The schedules or Wichita State and Murray State are very similar without Creighton in the MVC and Murray State actually had more top 50 wins than Wichita State does now.

I just want consistency.

I have friends who work at ESPN, but I am not going to say I have the ear of the person who makes the final decisions. I will say that Wichita State was on the list of teams that interested ESPN for the Jimmy V Classic. I can't say with certainty which side Wichita State or ESPN were why they didn't play, but I would ASSUME and I am going to use that word because its the truth of this matter that Wichita State couldn't fit the game in its schedule. ESPN doesn't just put major conference teams in the Jimmy V they want the best teams to raise the most money they can for the V foundation. I think if Marshall wanted to play the game he probably could have gotten it done.

I am still wondering why you are defending them some much. I think if any reporter asked Marshall the statements I have made above in questions it would clarify the situation. However, the media is too busy to do that and Marshall is reveling in all the love and attention he is getting for a 31-0 season where he has only played 2 teams in the top 50 of the RPI and only 10 of the 31 games against top 100 competition.

In bit defending them at all. Your first post I responded to was a bunch of assumptions that you stated as facts. I also think they will get a 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom