Will the new transfer rule kill position switches here? | Syracusefan.com

Will the new transfer rule kill position switches here?

HRE Otto IV

All American
Coach P did a great job getting football players here and finding a spot for them. But can that happen in today’s game? If a HC says we want you to move does a kid just say goodbye? Position switches used to be a great strategy here but I wonder if that is no longer the case? We put kids in the NFL this way but if a kid wants to not change they can find a new home.

I think it can still work, depending on the player and how it is pitched to him. If he can be convinced that it's the best route to the NFL or regular minutes at the CFP level, I think it's still possible. It definitely makes it a more sensitive move.

I think it can still work, depending on the player and how it is pitched to him. If he can be convinced that it's the best route to the NFL or regular minutes at the CFP level, I think it's still possible. It definitely makes it a more sensitive move.

Agree. Off the top of my head, P switching Kevin Johnson and Tebucky Jones not only made us a better team, it led them to Sunday jobs.

On the flip side, Steve Gregory's move made us a better team in 2004, but could have cost him a Sunday job. He talked GRob into moving him back to DB, even though we had no one at WR.

Just depends on the kid and how much they buy in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom