Wilson leads offense to 2 touchdowns in 2nd half after sitting out 1st | Syracusefan.com

Wilson leads offense to 2 touchdowns in 2nd half after sitting out 1st

Curious about what went so wrong with Wilson early on. He's the most natural passer of the group. I know he's also the least athletic and that plays into this offense. But when it comes to throwing the ball, he looked light years ahead of Long, who had the better spring per the staff.

I thought I read he had back problems that kept him out of full contact?

Chip said:
Curious about what went so wrong with Wilson early on. He's the most natural passer of the group. I know he's also the least athletic and that plays into this offense. But when it comes to throwing the ball, he looked light years ahead of Long, who had the better spring per the staff.

One of the keys for the young qb's is to identify at the line where to go and my guess is that Long did that better this spring thus why he is ahead, especially since they are using a lot of those short outs. I like Wilsons ability to stretch the field better but it does seem that each of these young qb's bring something good to the table and are better at certain things then the other. Some very nice talent there but very inexperienced as well. Hopefully Wilson or Kimble can show enough to redshirt the two freshmen.

A couple of times it seemed like it took a while to hit those side throws, ball in the air a little too long. Our D plays it one way and some teams with more speed may take a couple of those to the house.

One of the keys for the young qb's is to identify at the line where to go and my guess is that Long did that better this spring thus why he is ahead, especially since they are using a lot of those short outs. I like Wilsons ability to stretch the field better but it does seem that each of these young qb's bring something good to the table and are better at certain things then the other. Some very nice talent there but very inexperienced as well. Hopefully Wilson or Kimble can show enough to redshirt the two freshmen.

A couple of times it seemed like it took a while to hit those side throws, ball in the air a little too long. Our D plays it one way and some teams with more speed may take a couple of those to the house.
I'm assuming (hoping) they have some sort of go pattern after faking a sideline throw.

I'm assuming (hoping) they have some sort of go pattern after faking a sideline throw.

I like the fact that Parris, Provo or Moore can go out there and block and much like you said, maybe not only a fake to that side but and pass to one of those TE's as well going across the middle from that slot. I do love the pump fakes. Lots of options once the qb's get more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom