win we going champs (russell) lose we are belking | Syracusefan.com

win we going champs (russell) lose we are belking

Your sources think the Russell Bowl will select a 7 win SU team over a 9-10 win Rutgers or Louisville team?

I have said all along Russell. Would love to see it.

just heard coaches up at SU have said Belk or Russell... A win and we fall no further than Belk... but coaches at cuse think with a win we headed to orlando... guess we got to let it play out, but I for one am excited about how my beloved football team is playing and am tired of expanison talk until atleast january

Yep. Win and it is Russell. SU vs ACC.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't the Russell have the #2 pick after the BCS.

Followed by the Belk and the Pinstripe?

If that's true it's got to be some ACC back room arm twisting? That's going to really tick off Rutgers or Louisville.

Sounds good.

yup, thats why it makes sense that WHEN we win...one of those bowls picks us... I'd be pretty pissed if not because the ACC should be pitching to them.

and for possible opponents

russell athletic or belk:georgia tech,virginia tech, or nc state

if clemson loses to south carolina:
florida state-orange
clemson-chick fila a
russell: nc state or georgia tech
belk : virginia tech

if clemson wins:
florida state-orange
clemson-sugar
chick fila a: nc state or virginia tech
russell:nc state or georgia tech
belk virginia tech or duke

Its basically between us and the loser of Rutgers/Louisville. I think if Rutgers goes to the BCS game, we go to the Russell. If Louisville wins then we are headed to the Belk or Pinstripe.

i could see this for bigeast bowls:

bcs :louisville
russeell: rutgers/syracuse
belk:rutgers/syracuse
pinstripe: pittsburgh
bbva compass:cincinnati

especially if pitt can win out

In that scenario, Rutgers would be 9-3, on a 2 game losing streak (and 3 of 4 I believe). I think that knocks them off the Russell wish list with us closing much stronger. In the absence of traveling fanbases for either, better offense probably trumps better defense.

Need Pitt to win this weekend if we want to be Orlando bound.

how awesome would an SU/VT Belk be...assuming no RA

Pitt has to win out. Now RU loses to Pitt and beats Ville they still get BCS and the ville would get Russel (because they would bring 15k) If RU drops 2 then Orlando is on the table for 7-5 Cuse.

I wonder if Ville is 10-2 if Cuse could still get Orlando over them...

Selfishly I want the Belk. It is a gorgeous drive to Charlotte from Cincinnati. Belk vs. 6-6 Hokies and Cuse lays a lets say 62-0 smackdown :cool:

Its basically between us and the loser of Rutgers/Louisville. I think if Rutgers goes to the BCS game, we go to the Russell. If Louisville wins then we are headed to the Belk or Pinstripe.

Does the Russell really want a 10-6 game?

Miami, GTech, or NC State in a warm or kinda warm stadium - awesome, baby!

If that's true it's got to be some ACC back room arm twisting? That's going to really tick off Rutgers or Louisville.

Sounds good.
There are no rules regarding what teams can be selected for the non BCS Big East bowls, other than the team has to be bowl eligible and some clauses about when/if they can select ND.

So yes, if Rutgers loses to UL, and Syracuse wins Friday, the Belk could take a 7-5 Syracuse team over a 9-3 or 10-2 Rutgers team.

If UL loses to RU and SU wins, RU goes to get slaughtered in the Orange Bowl, SU headed to Orlando for the Russell, and since UL played in the Belk last season, they probably drop to the Pinstripe.

If Pitt becomes bowl eligible, the Pinstripe might opt to take them over UL (last chance and the team is a lot closer to NYC than UL).

UL could conceivably go 10-2 and end up either in the BBVA Compass Rat Bowl in Birmingham or play before Christmas in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl in Tampa.

Russell would be awesome!! Would be a definite consideration for me to make a trip there, especially since I am off work that week!!

I think the key is Rutgers actually winning the BE. If Louisville is the BCS representative then I think Rutgers gets the nod in the Russell. Rutgers winning the BE (never thought I would actually type those words) would help us get that spot over Louisville.

I think the key is Rutgers actually winning the BE. If Louisville is the BCS representative then I think Rutgers gets the nod in the Russell. Rutgers winning the BE (never thought I would actually type those words) would help us get that spot over Louisville.
I agree with this. Hard to see the Russell take us over RU, especially if RU is able to put an upset this weekend and defeat Pitt.

why has everyone written off the Bronx?? thought for sure Syracuse was headed there. :noidea:

planned on video taping Chip breaking out in a cold sweat after a couple of PBRs, when he realizes that the only stalls with doors are in Manhattan.

couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom