win we going champs (russell) lose we are belking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

win we going champs (russell) lose we are belking

why has everyone written off the Bronx?? thought for sure Syracuse was headed there. :noidea:

planned on video taping Chip breaking out in a cold sweat after a couple of PBRs, when he realizes that the only stalls with doors are in Manhattan.

couchburn

Would be like the scene in Bridesmaids (yeah, I saw it).

If Pinstripe truly picks 4th (with no deals made between bowls), then it's tough to see Louisville and Rutgers and Cincy all being picked ahead of us. Especially if we beat Temple, we're on a 3 game winning streak, and given the way our offense has been playing. Belk has never had us before, I think they would welcome it.

If RU beats Pitt this weekend, and I think they will, that eliminates Pitt altogether. And even if RU loses to Louisville, I don't think Russell will take 7-5 SU over 10-2 RU. Over 9-3 RU maybe, but not 10-2.

Most likely scenario, given that I think SU and RU win this weekend, is that we're Charlotte bound. Just can't imagine they want anything to do with Cincy, QB situation is a mess. But will be fun to follow knowing we're guaranteed no worse than Pinstripe.

I agree with this. Hard to see the Russell take us over RU, especially if RU is able to put an upset this weekend and defeat Pitt.

SU win = Russell regardless of Lville-rutgirls outcome. I'm sticking with that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree but RU winning makes the decision a lot easier.

why has everyone written off the Bronx?? thought for sure Syracuse was headed there. :noidea:

planned on video taping Chip breaking out in a cold sweat after a couple of PBRs, when he realizes that the only stalls with doors are in Manhattan.

couchburn
I was kinda hoping for Pinstripe. I started planting the idea with my wife yesterday that maybe we drive down to NYC for a couple days with the kids and take in the game. BUT I am just happy they are going to a bowl.

Dear Santa,

What I want for Christmas: For Syracuse to go to the Russsel Athletic Bowl (aka Citrus Bowl) in Orlando on 28 Dec.

Thank you.

- AirForceOrange

I was kinda hoping for Pinstripe. I started planting the idea with my wife yesterday that maybe we drive down to NYC for a couple days with the kids and take in the game. BUT I am just happy they are going to a bowl.
I'm surprised people would prefer the Russell Bowl. Wouldn't Cuse sell far more tix to Pinstripe Bowl?

Love to put 50 up this weekend.. Our O is very intriguing for bowls and a 3 game winning streak plus more fireworks its hard to imagine us not going to Russell or belk

I'm surprised people would prefer the Russell Bowl. Wouldn't Cuse sell far more tix to Pinstripe Bowl?
Yes they would but we will get our chance another time. I see the Pinstripe becoming Big 10 vs ACC...or at least it should be heading that way.
For Bowl Games: Warm weather>>>chance of freezing

Quite a few Syracuse Fans/Northerners in Florida, especially in Orlando area...
I was at the Champ Sports Bowl in 2004 and Pinstripe Bowl in 2010, it wasn't close in attendance. We didn't do very well in Orlando... On the field and in the stands.

SU will represent well in either Orlando, Charlotte or NYC. I'd guess we'll bring our usual 20K to NYC, and have 10-15K in Charlotte or Orlando.

Will be a nice way to wrap up this season.

I really wish the Belk and Russell were a couple days later. 12/27 is just a b!tch to try and travel for, means flying out the day after Xmas. That's pretty damn impossible, selfishly speaking. Oh well. :noidea:

You think Russell takes 7-5 SU over 10-2 RU? I don't, and I'm sticking to that.

I don't want to bet though, because I always lose bets. And the one thing you have in your favor is that if the Russell actually wants to see points on the board, they're obviously better off with SU.

If Pitt beats Rutgers this weekend, I think you can book your Orlando ticket.

I was at the Champ Sports Bowl in 2004 and Pinstripe Bowl in 2010, it wasn't close in attendance. We didn't do very well in Orlando... On the field and in the stands.

To be fair, that 2004 team was simply not going to draw given the circumstances.

I would guess a fun 7-5 team on a 3-game win streak would do better in Orlando.

Belk would normally be great, since I live an hour from Charlotte...but I will be flying back from Vermont (ironically into Charlotte), after the game is over & while it would be taking place. Itinerary was planned pretty poorly from a bowl persepctive. Plus, the Russell Athletic Bowl is just the better game to be in, and should get more eyes being played on a Friday night

SU will represent well in either Orlando, Charlotte or NYC. I'd guess we'll bring our usual 20K to NYC, and have 10-15K in Charlotte or Orlando.

Will be a nice way to wrap up this season.

I really wish the Belk and Russell were a couple days later. 12/27 is just a b!tch to try and travel for, means flying out the day after Xmas. That's pretty damn impossible, selfishly speaking. Oh well. :noidea:

Belk is a 6:30 pm game, you can leave the morning of the 27th. Problem solved.

Now solve my problem. Because my son is 3, I worked my way out of going north to see my family for Christmas, at least right on the holiday. And agreed to go from Dec 27 to Dec 30 instead. All I need you to do is tell me not to feel guilty when I cancel that entire plan because I want to go see SU bowling.

You think Russell takes 7-5 SU over 10-2 RU?
My crystal ball says "9-3 RU"... yours must be broken.
In that case it'll be Swofford vs. Aresco.

Methinks it'll be the the Belk Bowl on Thursday, December 27, 2012 , at 6:30 p.m.
See ya there!

Belk is a 6:30 pm game, you can leave the morning of the 27th. Problem solved.

Now solve my problem. Because my son is 3, I worked my way out of going north to see my family for Christmas, at least right on the holiday. And agreed to go from Dec 27 to Dec 30 instead. All I need you to do is tell me not to feel guilty when I cancel that entire plan because I want to go see SU bowling.
Drive down to Charlotte by yourself and drive north on the 27th to meet the rest of the family there.
Problem solved.

See ya in Charlotte!

Drive down to Charlotte by yourself and drive north on the 27th to meet the rest of the family there.
Problem solved.

See ya in Charlotte!

Yeah try selling that to a wife: Honey please take the kids and drive north through the snowbelt while I'm being selfish and watching SU FB. Familiar with that scenario...doesn't end well for the Chipster.

You think Russell takes 7-5 SU over 10-2 RU?

Yes I do. Yes I do.

I just want the best possible matchup regardless of what bowl we are talking about. Would much rather see us play NC State/Ga Tech in the Rusell/Belk than Iowa State or TCU in the Pinstripe.

Why is Russell preferred Both seem like minor events that will draw little attention or $.?

Agree. I prefer BCS. So let's just go there instead.

cali, russell is the "second best bowl" BE has to offer and playing a slightly better ACC team. Doesnt matter if that or belk but looking forward to something different and these two bowl games would be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom