Winter Competition: Week 2 - Dodgeball | Syracusefan.com

Winter Competition: Week 2 - Dodgeball

they have a really good facebook page now. love the daily posts

Love Dodgeball! I was in a league for a couple of years. Warning to anyone who goes about trying in your advanced years (beyond college) its absolutely brutal. Repeatedly trying to throw as hard as you can with little to know warm up. Not smart. You can get away with it when your young but not so much anymore. I've permanently messed up my ankle due to a sprain and have rotator cuff damage. Other teammates injuries also threw out backs, radial fracture of an arm, etc. Good times none the less.
url

Am I the only one who never called this dodgeball as a kid. we called this game War or Battleball . Dodgeball was a game where you stood in the middle of a circle and tried to dodge the ball being thrown at you to see how long you could survive without getting hit.

Am I the only one who never called this dodgeball as a kid. we called this game War or Battleball . Dodgeball was a game where you stood in the middle of a circle and tried to dodge the ball being thrown at you to see how long you could survive without getting hit.
We called it "Bombardment!"

Same here, except we used rocks.

At first I wanted to reply, "Now that's old school!"

But even better, "Now that's Hard-Nosed!" Maybe we should call this Shafer-Ball?!