WIP | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WIP

I hope the offensive line gets it together quicker than the last two years - they take a long time to put it together.

Bailey's fine, not worried about him. Nassib needs to hit some of these long balls.

Good job on 4th downs by Marrone

Agree, nassib has missed 3 wide open receivers so far on wide open long balls.

I just don't see us beating any of the 4 teams left on our schedule with mobile scramblers (Toledo, UC, USF and WVU). The inability to pressure the QB except on blitzs and then the inability to contain killed us yesterday.

Did you see the USF and WVU games last year? SU messed both those guys up, and it wasn't because of pressure from the front four.

Great point on the DL keeping the LBs clean. I'm really impressed by what the interior DLine is doing, though not impressed by Marinovich and the DEs to generate pressure from the outside.

The OL has been a major league disappointment and that is next to inexcusable given the veteran status of this group. Chibane yesterday really didn't play that well which is a shock. And Macky...well, maybe he can help with the Kicking long-snapping because that needs help.

A finished product in game two is not something we should expect. Easily handling a subdivision team in its first game at home in its first game IS something we should expect. Not thrilled by the focus and execution with most of yesterday. Along those lines, it just feels like Marrone has been outcoached the bulk of the first two games (great adjustments at half of Wake.) Luckily, we meet Lane Kiffin next...I suspect that won't be an issue.

Has anyone mentioned the game management issues? Clock management has been an issue - especially during SU's final drive yesterday. What about the bonehead timeouts?

If you don't have the talent you HAVE to play smart to put yourself in a position to win. We've been lucky so far, but with these types of issues, as well as bonehead penalties (I'm looking at you Philip Thomas), it's going to catch up with them eventually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom