Wisnauskas transferring to Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wisnauskas transferring to Maryland

Gotta worry about future BL recruits. Back to back days of BL players announcing their transfer

Gotta worry about future BL recruits. Back to back days of BL players announcing their transfer

I thought this was interesting:

As lacrosse grows nationwide, area boys scarce in Under Armour All-America Game

Among the 44 players selected to the North and South squads, six have Canadian ties, and Utah and Delaware earned their first All-America selections. In all, 17 states, Washington, D.C. and Canada are represented in the showcase game.

What’s missing for the first time? More than one selection from the Baltimore area.

Good to see all of Desko's "hard work" coming to fruition. If he continues to guide the program in this direction maybe we can become a feeder school for the Twerps.

Honest question, if he's that good, why didn't he crack the lineup last year? Was he injured?

Honest question, if he's that good, why didn't he crack the lineup last year? Was he injured?
I am as disappointed as anyone and had Wis penciled in as third starter on attack next year but it surely was far from automatic. Was a bigger motivator to move on Forkin for this year or even Seebold or Curry. Seebold looks awesome and performed very well in national tournaments, not just TX. He seems to be six feet tall as well. Curry could really be good...and Wis knows him from highschool. Our attack needs more speed and all three of these guys seem faster than Wis. Then you add in our attack in 2019, Cook, Berkmen, hopefully Rogers and Basil and there is some serious competition with only forkin gone in 2019. Hate he is leaving and taking a year worth of redshirt reps but was he somewhat worried about winning that third starting spot and keeping it?

We have over 50 guys on the team, so we redshirt almost the entire freshman class (for better or worse).

Guessing the staff didn't see him breaking into the starting line up last season, and didn't want him to waste his frosh year playing limited minutes off the bench.

I am as disappointed as anyone and had Wis penciled in as third starter on attack next year but it surely was far from automatic. Was a bigger motivator to move on Forkin for this year or even Seebold or Curry. Seebold looks awesome and performed very well in national tournaments, not just TX. He seems to be six feet tall as well. Curry could really be good...and Wis knows him from highschool. Our attack needs more speed and all three of these guys seem faster than Wis. Then you add in our attack in 2019, Cook, Berkmen, hopefully Rogers and Basil and there is some serious competition with only forkin gone in 2019. Hate he is leaving and taking a year worth of redshirt reps but was he somewhat worried about winning that third starting spot and keeping it?
No. Wis is an very confident athelete who could have played last year .Exceptional skills n underrated athleticsm. He was penciled to start this year n expect to see him starting at Maryland. All about going home to star in front of family n friends. His departure is a loss

We have over 50 guys on the team, so we redshirt almost the entire freshman class (for better or worse).

Guessing the staff didn't see him breaking into the starting line up last season, and didn't want him to waste his frosh year playing limited minutes off the bench.

Yeah I know that and really good freshman tend to see the field in this game. It's not like we had a lights out attack with starting jobs locked up. Moved a middie down there twice (Mariano and bomberry) and he still didn't crack the roatation.

We're not talking offensive lineman here. The best kids play and that includes freshamn.

Either his redshirting formula is a bad one or he has no choice because the frosh just aren't good to play.

No. Wis is an very confident athelete who could have played last year

Then why didn't he? It's either his skill or Desko's poor decision not today him which seems silly if he's good enough to play.

Definitely frustrating but I do think we have a pretty good lefty attackman. I think Rehfuss plays best on the wing and that would be Wis spot. After watching the UA game last night I think Seebold looks like a true X attackman. It seems to me that the only reason to leave would be A: he wants to be closer to home, which is understandable. Or B: he doesn't wanna fight for his spot. If all of these guys are leaving for that reason then I have no problem seeing them go. I want guys like Salcido that fight for their spot. The way to work our way back to a championship level is to bring in kids that fight for their spot and their team. Very frustrating that he can just walk out after never touching the field and possibly taking a spot of another recruit in last years class. I think the transfer rules were set so that kids that don't play can go down or the kids that could play at a higher level can go up, but they are definitely being abused.(in our favor as well) wish the kid the best at Maryland he deserves to be happy. Hard to know what is best for you at 17/18.

Last edited:
Not quite there yet but it's starting to remind me of the NBA & players moving around to make super teams. Players changing colleges seems to becoming a supplemental draft.

this may be a silly question but is the Wisnauska's transfer official?

Obviously like everyone else here I've seen some unconfirmed reports he's transferring but nothing official from him or Inside Lacrosse etc.

Is this a situation where it's "known" that he's transferring and just hasn't been officially announced yet?

I'd rather have Wisnauskas for 4 years than Staats for 2. It may just be me.

Not quite sure what this means but I'm assuming this means the transfer is official.

Interesting point r.e. Staats. Would love to see him with the Orange but many people believe he's going to turn pro.

Any chance Zach Miller suits up for the Orange next season? Some debate around whether he has any eligibility left.

I'm getting a bit PO'd with our recruitment, not as far as the people we are bringing in but transfers to UMD, just like Maltz and now Wisnauskas? Danny Maltz who was a lock to come to Cuse and then committed to Maryland. How have we now lost Wisnauskas after we sat him a year? We knew how good he was and he could have been part of the rotation last year, you could tell Wisnauskas was enjoying his time and was always engaged and on the sideline!! We have to learn from our mistakes here, is it that we stop recruiting from MD? As we aren't even locking down players from our win target area?

I'm getting a bit PO'd with our recruitment, not as far as the people we are bringing in but transfers to UMD, just like Maltz and now Wisnauskas? Danny Maltz who was a lock to come to Cuse and then committed to Maryland. How have we now lost Wisnauskas after we sat him a year? We knew how good he was and he could have been part of the rotation last year, you could tell Wisnauskas was enjoying his time and was always engaged and on the sideline!! We have to learn from our mistakes here, is it that we stop recruiting from MD? As we aren't even locking down players from our win target area?