Wisnauskas transferring to Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Wisnauskas transferring to Maryland

CreaseRat

2nd String
Not sure if this goes here or not but I've heard of a few whispers about potential transfers leaving Cuse and the names will disappoint a majority of fans. Hopefully it's just summer lax rumors but a few sound serious.

Has anyone else heard any rumors about possible defectors?

Not sure if this goes here or not but I've heard of a few whispers about potential transfers leaving Cuse and the names will disappoint a majority of fans. Hopefully it's just summer lax rumors but a few sound serious.

The only name I'd be disappointed with is Wis. who else would s there really

Ive heard a few rumblings but as you noted its hard to tell whats just hearsay and what actually has legs. Were probably not hearing the same names but your description is not comforting as i heard one bigger name that i laughed off at first but would match your description.

Ive heard a few rumblings but as you noted its hard to tell whats just hearsay and what actually has legs. Were probably not hearing the same names but your description is not comforting as i heard one bigger name that i laughed off at first but would match your description.
Rehfuss/ Wisnauskas would disappoint me. Solomon to UNC?

Id rather not give out specific names but I have heard whispers about one of those guys. But again nothing concrete and it could be way off base.

Two of those guys are guaranteed starters next year. So if either of them go, that's could be a bad sign about the state of things behind the scenes. Although given the success of this past year, and the fact that there was much brought up about how close this years team was, that would be strange. Wisnauskas has a lot of connections at cuse, so strange to think he would leave.

Two of those guys are guaranteed starters next year. So if either of them go, that's could be a bad sign about the state of things behind the scenes. Although given the success of this past year, and the fact that there was much brought up about how close this years team was, that would be strange. Wisnauskas has a lot of connections at cuse, so strange to think he would leave.

I would be very surprised if Wisnaukas left. Again keep in mind a lot of these rumors come out each off season and most year nothing comes of them. True we have lost some quality players in Maltz, Dejohn, etc etc but we haven't lost a lot of high end guys to transfers. I am hopeful the names Creaserat heard and myself are just rumors and or never come to fruition.

I would be very surprised if Wisnaukas left. Again keep in mind a lot of these rumors come out each off season and most year nothing comes of them. True we have lost some quality players in Maltz, Dejohn, etc etc but we haven't lost a lot of high end guys to transfers. I am hopeful the names Creaserat heard and myself are just rumors and or never come to fruition.
Agreed. Each day I wait for the official twitter announcement of someone leaving.

If what I heard is true, it will say a lot about the state of things behind the curtain. No reason the names I heard should be leaving

Agreed. Each day I wait for the official twitter announcement of someone leaving.

If what I heard is true, it will say a lot about the state of things behind the curtain. No reason the names I heard should be leaving

Obviously I am not sure if we heard the same names but I agree would not be a positive development for the program or Desko and would really hurt for next year.

Obviously I am not sure if we heard the same names but I agree would not be a positive development for the program or Desko and would really hurt for next year.

There are good n obvious reasons behind most transfers beyond any blame.

-1 there are good reasons for most transfers beyond any blame. Stings but afterward the reasons become understandable if not apparent

Hearing Wisnauskas to Md. - locally
Have heard the same

With all the positive comments Desko made about him you would have thought he'd be penciled in to be a starter next year.

LaxSummit, this isn't the year you would think kids would transfer. There are plenty of spots open on offense for younger players to compete for. If this was 3 years ago with a starting attack of Rice, Donahue and Staats I could understand a player leaving b/c he wanted a chance to play. Cuse have unproven players on offense and if a young kid wanted to make his name and help Cuse get back to the FF, next year is a good starting spot. Just my opinion

Well, I never could spell the kid's name right anyways.

At least I'll spare everyone four years worth of "Nobody Beats The Wis" posts.

Have heard the same

With all the positive comments Desko made about him you would have thought he'd be penciled in to be a starter next year.

LaxSummit, this isn't the year you would think kids would transfer. There are plenty of spots open on offense for younger players to compete for. If this was 3 years ago with a starting attack of Rice, Donahue and Staats I could understand a player leaving b/c he wanted a chance to play. Cuse have unproven players on offense and if a young kid wanted to make his name and help Cuse get back to the FF, next year is a good starting spot. Just my opinion
Nothing official yet though... understand your perspective but there are many factors in play whenever kids come or go. Dorothy's "no place like home" is probably one. Maryland is his home state , 4o mins away from family, hs n friends. Maryland is also a prestigious program/college with comparable academic n atheletic standing and now comes off a chip along with weather that is clearly better. As far as timing and p/t, maybe it is unfortunate that Coach Desko did him right, he will be a rs frosh with 4 yrs of eligibility n his talent imo will allow him to start this year at either program, there are openings here but there as well as their three heralded sr attack man have all graduated. $ always a factor to varying degrees. Maryland in state tuition is only 10k which can only serve as another positive lure for locals. Rather amazing to me that we are able recruit n retain certain talents because competition is deeper than most , the 12.6 is insufficient as not every talent partakes or comes from well to do homes. I think that speaks well of our coaches n the positive climate of the program as some kids n families sacrifice much taking the harder route for the opportunity to play n study here. I won't be blaming anyone if any player leaves because sometimes there are factors despite best efforts n good handling.

Interestingly enough Maryland may have more openings on their attack unit this coming year than we do. If he turns out to be a player like Dylan Maltz he will be a big loss. Hopefully just rumors

Interestingly enough Maryland may have more openings on their attack unit this coming year than we do. If he turns out to be a player like Dylan Maltz he will be a big loss. Hopefully just rumors
Maltz, Rambo and Heacock all graduated n limited depth. Desko had Wins penciled in. He's going to be a good player imo wherever he is

Hearing Wisnauskas to Md. - locally

Just saw this posting on LaxPower under the "Transfers 2017" Thread. The below is the direct post:

"Ohio State rumored to be getting a lefty attack transfer from Upstate NY." Is Wisnauskas a lefty, i think so?

Just saw this posting on LaxPower under the "Transfers 2017" Thread. The below is the direct post:

"Ohio State rumored to be getting a lefty attack transfer from Upstate NY." Is Wisnauskas a lefty, i think so?
Yes n yes but NO...

Thorpe and Voight are lefties

Last edited:
Looks like the rumors have some solid ground, Chris Jastrzembski just tweeted out that some sources have said Wisnauskas is transferring to Maryland for next season. Probably a better chance at being a starter right away there with no returning attackmen. Though with Thorpe leaving it would seem like he would have gotten that third spot with how high the coaches thought of him. Tough blow.

And there was this tweet from Molloy a couple hours ago- "They don't make em like they used to... A little adversity and the first reactions is to pack up and leave for somewhere else #shame #shade" Wonder if this was directed at Wisnauskas.