Witchita State... enough already | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Witchita State... enough already

wrong! i see zero merit. they have lost and added several players to their roster. last year means nothing.
i happen think they should be punished for their weak schedule. send a message to their AD (and all AD'S) to schedule some tougher games next year.no one shouldn't be able to simply cakewalk to a number #1 seed.
and i don't wanna hear "no one will play us!" if they truly want respect and a top seed they can get it done

(ps. if they do get a #1 that bracket should be loaded. the dodgers should face a top 30 opponent every game)
I disagree. I follow mid majors fairly closely and it's no secret that the majors won't go on the road to play at the Wichita State's of the world. Why should they be penalized if they have to play all their "top" games at neutral sites or on the road. All schools have to play some home OOC games. Otherwise you would never build your program.

I also disagree about last year's team. No one is saying that this years Wichita State team is the same as last years, however I believe that has to come into play. They made it to the Final Foul. Some of the team is the same. I think this season helps validate last season and they should be rewarded. It took me a long time to believe it but bottom line is come Selection Sunday, Wichita is going to be a one seed with most likely a team like Kansas as the two.

I don't think our injuries have anything to do with wear and tear.

Agree about the injuries but still think the flagging play down the stretch is due (besides Grant's injury) to the cumulative effect of our key guys playing nearly 40 minutes every night.

it's possible (lunardi) that wichita st. doesn't even possibly (no upsets) face a top 25 team this season til
the sweet 16. and that's just wrong! i say reward the teams that schedule tough and punish those who won't.

Last edited:
There needs to be some merit in that reference because it's one of the ways the committee has to judge how good they are. They have basically the same team that went to the Final Four and in the process beating the teams they did to get there.
I disagree. I follow mid majors fairly closely and it's no secret that the majors won't go on the road to play at the Wichita State's of the world. Why should they be penalized if they have to play all their "top" games at neutral sites or on the road. All schools have to play some home OOC games. Otherwise you would never build your program.

I also disagree about last year's team. No one is saying that this years Wichita State team is the same as last years, however I believe that has to come into play. They made it to the Final Foul. Some of the team is the same. I think this season helps validate last season and they should be rewarded. It took me a long time to believe it but bottom line is come Selection Sunday, Wichita is going to be a one seed with most likely a team like Kansas as the two.
Why does Wichita's FF appearance get special consideration? If their FF gets special consideration for the following seeding that advantage better also go to Louisville, Michigan and Syracuse. And so what that they returned most of their team - that isn't part of the defined selection process. The committee would be adding it in just for them, and again I ask why they deserve such special treatment?

The problem with the logic is that we are ranked in the Top 10 and are unable to beat Boston College and Georgia Tech at home.

well at least we had the courage to leave the shallow end of the pool and swim out with the big boys.

Wichita st is last year's Gonzaga. They will end up losing in second round to Kentucky
Except this team already proved they can go deep into the tournament last year and returned basically everyone

my god. it's like talking to preschoolers .ok. an elephant is basically a rhinoceros. except they're different.
you take even one piece (ok let's say josh pace) off a team and all previous results are essentially null and void.
WSU lost seniors who's season combined averages were approx. 37 points and 17 rebounds per game.
ERGO...not the same team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom