With all the talk of the locker room being 'outdated' | Syracusefan.com

With all the talk of the locker room being 'outdated'

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Should we create a board donation kickstarter?

Similar to the IPF? I know the IPF was already in the works, but I'm sure if we raise "over $50k" again - it will be plenty to get the ball rolling.

and also... i know the locker room cost is probably a few million. But the $50k will turn some heads and get some bigger donations rolling in and show some proof for financing terms.

Are the locker rooms not a part of the renovation plans?

I saw someone ask that question in a post but I did not see an answer.

Need to get a few NFL players like Chandler & Arthur Jones to contribute and name the Dome locker room after them.

Would be nice. How many guys in the league do we have that have made a ton of money by NFL standards though? I think McNabb contributed to locker rooms in the past, but he was making franchise QB money.

Why wouldn't this be addressed in the reno?

Didn't McNabb spring for a redone locker room a while back?

I would imagine the locker rooms could be spiffed up significantly for much less than a mil. The one time I was in there, I thought it was the away team's locker room or something. When I saw the players' names on some of the lockers, though, I was pretty surprised. Definitely thought a big time basketball program and once big time football program would have something better. It's pretty barebones in there.

Didn't McNabb spring for a redone locker room a while back?

Wasn't that at Manley? $150K he gave, if I'm not mistaken.

I remember threads on the board back when McNabb made his donation about the Dome locker rooms. I remember informed posters saying that space limitations made any kind of serious modernization project impossible. I want to say that a locker room expansion would eat into the press briefing area. If you watch Fuente's post-game interview, you can hear the SU players reacting to Babers' speech loud and clear.

The renovations should address this problem. When talk of redoing the Dome first came up at the time that they were replacing the roof, there were even some plans circulated for a new and larger media production and press area. I'm assuming the need for that project hasn't gone away.

I would imagine the locker rooms could be spiffed up significantly for much less than a mil. The one time I was in there, I thought it was the away team's locker room or something. When I saw the players' names on some of the lockers, though, I was pretty surprised. Definitely thought a big time basketball program and once big time football program would have something better. It's pretty barebones in there.

Pretty sure they did the spiffing up recently. Its time for a re do

Are the locker rooms not a part of the renovation plans?
If you look at the Campus Framework thread, the answer appears early in the first post...

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

• The south side of the dome will become larger as well to keep the symmetry, but also to expand the concourse and allow for the renovation of new concession stands (which is a point of emphasis with the expansion of the three other sides as well). This will not affect SUNY ESF in any way.
  • The locker rooms are to be expanded, renovated, and updated.
  • The roof would look less like a big balloon and more like a solid, metal structure. Again, modeled perhaps after Lucas Oil Stadium, windows around the outside of the roof will allow natural sunlight to enter the stadium. The idea of having the roof retract is still on the table but to a much smaller scale.
  • Luxury boxes are to be renovated and more added.

That makes since. Would be pretty stupid to do a $230 million dome renovation and leave the locker rooms as is.

I wish they would just get started on the renovations. I understand that it's not that simple but sooner the better. Would be a huge recruiting tool for Dino but my fear is they won't get started for another 5 years.

Yeah the existing space needs to be bigger for sure, I am sure there will be a much more modern look when completed, all part of the process.

Back in my day locker room renovation consisted of a less ancient stereo and a few new air fresheners.

And a new nail.

[QUOTE="sutomcat, post: 1920720, member: 27"
  • The south side of the dome will become larger as well to keep the symmetry, but also to expand the concourse and allow for the renovation of new concession stands (which is a point of emphasis with the expansion of the three other sides as well). This will not affect SUNY ESF in any way.
...[/QUOTE]

There doesn't seem to be much room south of the dome. I assume it means the access road from Irving heading east - Forestry Dr between the new ESF building and the dome would need to be eliminated?

There doesn't seem to be much room south of the dome. I assume it means the access road from Irving heading east - Forestry Dr between the new ESF building and the dome would need to be eliminated?
From what I have heard, that road will remain. They are in effect going to build a building around the existing Dome, then extend the concourses to the perimeter of the new building. There is plenty of room to extend them by 30-60 feet. There just won't be as much room between the exterior walls of the renovated building and the road in the future. This will buy much needed expansion roome for the locker rooms on the western side of the Dome as well...

Last edited:
babers sounded pretty excited about the reno to come in the xm interview today..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom