With Melo potentially throwing in the towel | Syracusefan.com

With Melo potentially throwing in the towel

PoppyHart

All American
on this season, it raises the distinct, albeit heretofore shocking, possibility that the Knicks will finish with the worst record and maybe win the draft lottery.

Who would be the best person to pair him with? Most of the top players are big guys, but I can't imagine Okafor or Towns would be optimal solutions.

on this season, it raises the distinct, albeit heretofore shocking, possibility that the Knicks will finish with the worst record and maybe win the draft lottery.

Who would be the best person to pair him with? Most of the top players are big guys, but I can't imagine Okafor or Towns would be optimal solutions.
Whoever has a total appreciation for the Zen Triangle.

As a Knick fan, I would be genuinely thrilled with any of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Johnson, D'angelo Russell, Kristaps Porzingis or Harrell.

They can't really mess this up (fingers crossed).

If anyone hasn't seen Porzingis, check out youtube. He is a star. Offensively, he reminds me of Danilo Gallinari. But Porzingis is also a gamechanging monster on D.

Why not Okafor?

Also, if Melo does sit this really hurts the Lakers. They owe a pick to Phoenix. They only keep it if they have a Top 5 picks. Minnesota, Melo-less New York and Philly are pretty much locks for three of those, and then there are 8-10 teams that could realistically end up with the other two.

Knicks need to get rid of Prigioni and Calderon

Bulls will certainly match any offer.

The Bulls are known for generally being pretty cheap. Not sure what would happen, but it's possible they let him walk. Then again, with the cap expected to rise a lot, they may bite the bullet and pay the tax for a year or two. (though they might even be able to avoid the tax even if they match Butler. In which case it's probably a no brainer he sticks around).

I would have a hard time believing Marc Gasol would leave a good team to come the dumpster fire that is the Knicks. Their best chance is probably to hit a home run with their pick this year and have something to build for in the 2016 off-season.

Why not Okafor?

Also, if Melo does sit this really hurts the Lakers. They owe a pick to Phoenix. They only keep it if they have a Top 5 picks. Minnesota, Melo-less New York and Philly are pretty much locks for three of those, and then there are 8-10 teams that could realistically end up with the other two.

Some huge tanking possibilities here for the Lakers. They're 6th right now.

Knicks need a big man. They should snatch up Okafor in a heartbeat if they get the chance.

Knicks need to get rid of Prigioni and Calderon

Pablo is a solid backup PG. He's not where their problems lie. And Calderon is fine for the triangle. He's pretty inexpensive for his caliber, so only a top flight rookie, who could be snatched up for less, would be a better option.

Pablo is a solid backup PG. He's not where their problems lie. And Calderon is fine for the triangle. He's pretty inexpensive for his caliber, so only a top flight rookie, who could be snatched up for less, would be a better option.

Agree with you about Prigioni. He's one of the best backups in the league. Runs a smart offense and is a pesky defender.

I've been very disappointed with Calderon's play. PG is almost as big a hole as big man, IMO.

Agree with you about Prigioni. He's one of the best backups in the league. Runs a smart offense and is a pesky defender.

I've been very disappointed with Calderon's play. PG is almost as big a hole as big man, IMO.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his production with Toronto. He's a more efficient Derek Fisher, in my estimation, and I think the Knicks got him at a fair price.

The best thing the Knicks could do is not draft for need. Go BPA available.

NBAdraft.net has the Knicks at #2 taking Emmanuel Mudiay. I think he's the kid who turned down a scholly at SMU to play in China.

Take okafor, trade for Greg monroe, bench STAT forever. A Melo, Okafor, Monroe frontcourt with Shump and Calderon wouldn't be horrible.

Take okafor, trade for Greg monroe, bench STAT forever. A Melo, Okafor, Monroe frontcourt with Shump and Calderon wouldn't be horrible.

STAT is still effective, and a loyal Knickerbocker. I hope he is retained this off-season.

As a Knick fan, I would be genuinely thrilled with any of Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Johnson, D'angelo Russell, Kristaps Porzingis or Harrell.

They can't really mess this up (fingers crossed).

If anyone hasn't seen Porzingis, check out youtube. He is a star. Offensively, he reminds me of Danilo Gallinari. But Porzingis is also a gamechanging monster on D.
Porzingis is nothing like Gallo was before he hurt his back in his rookie year. Gallinari was shooting 50% from three and 46% overall. He would have been a star. Defensively, they are polar opposites. Gallo was a very good man to man defender but was lacking on help defense. Nothing alike. Mudiay is way, way over-hyped. He is going to get a GM fired. Comparisons to John Wall are beyond ridiculous. Okafor, Towns, Johnson, or the center for Texas will be the likely choices. WCS from Kentucky is moving up in a lot of folks eyes but I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. Appears to have a high floor but a lower ceiling than many of the big guys.

NBAdraft.net has the Knicks at #2 taking Emmanuel Mudiay. I think he's the kid who turned down a scholly at SMU to play in China.

They don't match players with teams..they just list the players by rank (their rank)

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because of his production with Toronto. He's a more efficient Derek Fisher, in my estimation, and I think the Knicks got him at a fair price.

Calderone is a great long range shooter but is awful defensively. Fisher was a pretty good defender. He is over-paid.

Monroe is a FA after the season. Stat's contract expires at seasons end.

My guess is Stat is going to go for more than the Knicks want to pay him. He can still score but he's just an atrocious defensive player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom