WMU Fires Tim Daoust | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Fires Tim Daoust

Shafer and staff were over their heads. Yet people here thought they were Mac with a staff of Deleone, P, HCRE, Saban, and O’Leary.

People here don’t like straw men and hypotheticals

Ha, Ronny "SugarBear" Thompson. Arguably Marrone's best recruit on paper.
Was actually a four star WR/TE out of high school. Switched to DE because he was such a freak athlete.

Wassink is out for the year after injuring his ankle
Don't interrupt their fun of crapping on people who worked for us. They have short memories of how bad our team played when the starting QB was injured and like to tempt fate that it could happen again.

Pathetic. In what kind of world should a who-cares, doesn't-matter football program like Western Michigan fire an assistant coach in-season for anything other than gross misconduct?

It's just wins and losses in a game. It doesn't matter.

Tim Lester's a good man, but I wouldn't trade places with him for many millions of dollars. What a ridiculous profession.

Lester should fire himself for even calling to go for two in that situation. Screw up and deflect blame by firing D-coordinator. Bad move. Very offensive. A real brain fart.

I am just glad we have Dino. I wasn’t a fan of Shafer and his staff.
Good luck to those coaches except when they play Syracuse. The only coach I will root against is Shafer because of how classless he was last year when this school made his family millions by giving him a lottery ticket stint as HC.

I am just glad we have Dino. I wasn’t a fan of Shafer and his staff.
Good luck to those coaches except when they play Syracuse. The only coach I will root against is Shafer because of how classless he was last year when this school made his family millions by giving him a lottery ticket stint as HC.

Psst. There was this fellow named George. In his interviews he liked to talk about the Bible and use profanity. Rooting against him gives me great pleasure and I think it might do the same for you.

remember the Istandwithshafer movement here? That was a tough time for the board. Mods were working OT with the thread deletions. Much better times now lol.

The question in situations like this is what is his ceiling. Is it FBS DL coach, where he’s clearly been successful? Not the worst thing in the world, especially if you can recruit. Gains you some coin in the position coach salary.
Why put a ceiling on him? He's not an older guy. People can learn from failure and turn around and succeed in a similar scenario in the future. I think it just depends on how he responds and what his opportunities end up being. A lot of people said marrone would never get another HC gig after leaving Buffalo and he was almost in the Super Bowl last year.

remember the Istandwithshafer movement here? That was a tough time for the board. Mods were working OT with the thread deletions. Much better times now lol.
It drove a good poster out completely. That was an embarrassing movement.
I’ll thank Shafer for leaving Dungey but Dino was such an upgrade it’s unbelievable.
I was crazy(still am but not like I was) during the Shafer Era. Since Dino has been here I have been patient on football and ultra positive because it was obvious the guy understood it.

Why put a ceiling on him? He's not an older guy. People can learn from failure and turn around and succeed in a similar scenario in the future. I think it just depends on how he responds and what his opportunities end up being. A lot of people said marrone would never get another HC gig after leaving Buffalo and he was almost in the Super Bowl last year.

I'm not personally putting a ceiling on him, I don't care what happens to be honest. But a head coach hiring him has to think about if his ceiling is position coach/recruiter.

It drove a good poster out completely. That was an embarrassing movement.
I’ll thank Shafer for leaving Dungey but Dino was such an upgrade it’s unbelievable.
I was crazy(still am but not like I was) during the Shafer Era. Since Dino has been here I have been patient on football and ultra positive because it was obvious the guy understood it.

An argument can be made that he was worse than thou who shall not be named. He took over more talent and left off worse talent. We were in recruiting battles with WMU. Games were over by halftime. Someone hand the man a cigar!

I thought he was our future HC. Can’t believe there are people here who thought that staff was full of budding coaches would would all become good HCs.

Lester is struggling. WMU would 13 the year before he arrived. They have won 12 total since.

Did Fleck take all of the paddles when he left and left Tim up a creek without one?

Sorry, I'll go take a lap for that one...

Did Fleck take all of the paddles when he left and left Tim up a creek without one?

Sorry, I'll go take a lap for that one...
The sad thing is Fleck actually left top MAC talent when he left. Western was competing with us for commits. It was sad moment for Syracuse but our HC was saying he preferred diamonds in the rough to 4/5 star talent.

Dino’s been amazing for us.

Not sure if anyone pays attention, but Lester and his staff are killing it recruiting there. They are pretty close to having the best class in MAC conference history this year which would be breaking the record his staff got them in last years class. (Average player rating)

An argument can be made that he was worse than thou who shall not be named. He took over more talent and left off worse talent. We were in recruiting battles with WMU. Games were over by halftime. Someone hand the man a cigar!
We were bi-polar in 2013. Either competitive and won or blown out.

We were lucky that year it was year 1 of Dave Doeren in NC State, Maryland was using a 3rd or 4th string QB, Michael Campereno broke his collar bone for Wake and the BC game the Eagles were stupid.
He gets credit for those wins but they weren’t going to be sustainable. The other games were all blown outs.

Last edited:
I'm not personally putting a ceiling on him, I don't care what happens to be honest. But a head coach hiring him has to think about if his ceiling is position coach/recruiter.

How often do coaches get fired and then have success elsewhere. As far as I can tell 0.0 of the ACC HCs were fired as coordinator and only one was fired as a HC for on the field results. Seems pretty rare but good luck to him.

You want some fun? Go back and read the threads after we lost to MTSU. Some H0T Takes by some good posters.

Shafer and staff were over their heads. Yet people here thought they were Mac with a staff of Deleone, P, HCRE, Saban, and O’Leary.

Remember the outcry over not keeping the great Bobby Acosta! That guy ended up not even coaching for a year or so. Quick google search shows he's the OC at Bucknell now.

The sad thing is Fleck actually left top MAC talent when he left. Western was competing with us for commits. It was sad moment for Syracuse but our HC was saying he preferred diamonds in the rough to 4/5 star talent.

Dino’s been amazing for us.

Sorry my reply was a bad joke about Fleck and his "Row the boat" schtick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom